Heavy JKU spring options

desertrunner

For the sake of conversation what are some good coil options for heavy JKs 6k+ ish lbs? While the AEV coils work I'd prefer something that feels more consistent and smooth. But what I will say with the dual rate is loading up a heavy JKU it doesn't sag.
Not sure if anyone makes a good true progressive rate or even a stiffer linear that doesn't sag like the plush rides. Just maybe something that would work as alternative to a dual rate for a heavy JKU.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
My JKU is 6400 pounds +/- on Synergy springs. I don’t have a lot of experience with other brands, but I’ve never been unhappy with what I have. It’s been 7-8 years and there’s no sagging.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I went from AEV to metal cloak to synergy with a similar weight.

While there were time gaps and other changes made along the way I like the synergy coils the best so far. I’ve stopped the search for “what’s next” after them.

BaddestCross

I think I'm gonna make the switch to the HD ones on my 2dr actually. I have their med duty ones and they are a great unloaded ride but as soon as I put that tool box in the back its squating a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yep. I ran the medium duty for 1 New Years run. Ordered the HD springs as soon as I got home. [emoji23]

Even now that I've lightened the weight in the rear, Fiona still rides well unloaded and when we had her loaded up for a week in the desert it was great.

I like the way a bit of rake looks, so I'm happy all around.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Jsouder53

Hooked
I have had the metalcloak dual rate coils in the rear for about 3 years, no sagging. I replaced the front metalcloak coils with the evo plush ride coils and love the setup for now.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have been running the RK progressive springs for the past six years. They are stiff, but have done very well with the weight of the JK and when fully loaded on and off the road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I’m running Rusty’s 3.25” springs. Had them about 3 years, the front feels great but the rear are a little stiff unloaded. But feels good loaded with gear, luggage, etc.
Have them paired with Fox 2.0 shocks

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I currently have 4” plush rides and I added Air Lift air bags and they are a huge improvement. I was thinking of heavier coils but decided to try the bags. I load up a family of 5, dometic 50 and everything else for camping and it barely sags and I can see out the rear window.

Attachments

• B6BEED6D-E010-4999-BE79-75372DAE11D5.jpg
    B6BEED6D-E010-4999-BE79-75372DAE11D5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom