Thoughts on Barnes Steering Kit?

treys1

Just finishing a round of upgrades and the drag link & tie rod are really all that is left (for now... hydro assist will come summer time once the budget recovers).

Barnes seems to get decent reviews in various places and that have a sale right now. Any thoughts on the aluminum kit from them? I had the aluminum RK drag link / tie rod on my last JK and it worked out well, the Barnes is just a good bit less expensive right now.

Thanks!

jesse3638

Hooked
Check out exodus4x4.com. Bubba's aluminum tie rod is really stout and members here have put it through its paces. I believe he now has an aluminum drag link as well. Plus he is a forum sponsor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bouche03

Doesn't look like Exodus is selling these anymore, at least not on their site. Might want to try someplace else...RPM, Fusion to name a few.

Ddays

Hooked
Doesn't look like Exodus is selling these anymore, at least not on their site. Might want to try someplace else...RPM, Fusion to name a few.

Bubba makes these up as needed i believe. Wouldnt hurt to call if you wanted to go that route. I can personally vouch for his. Its been well worked out this year

Exodus 4x4

Bubba makes these up as needed i believe. Wouldnt hurt to call if you wanted to go that route. I can personally vouch for his. Its been well worked out this year

There seemed like a bad run of tie rod ends from the supplier so we stopped making them in hopes they would get used up. I had to warranty a bunch of ends and that’s no fun for either of us. I might make a run after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kyle521

I just installed the Barnes 4wd tie rod on my JK with one wheeling trip on it so far. Running it with hydro assist with 37s. Seems to be working out well so far but time will tell. Mostly got it for the pricing, if you look around you can probably find a 10% discount code. If you have a bigger budget I would go with the 2.5 ton one from one of the other manufacturers. From my research the cost is all in the ends, all the companies pretty much use the same 7075 aluminum for the bar.

Last edited:

treys1

I just installed the Barnes 4wd tie rod on my JK with one wheeling trip on it so far. Running it with hydro assist with 37s. Seems to be working out well so far but time will tell. Mostly got it for the pricing, if you look around you can probably find a 10% discount code. If you have a bigger budget I would go with the 2.5 ton one from one of the other manufacturers. From my research the cost is all in the ends, all the companies pretty much use the same 7075 aluminum for the bar.

Hey, thanks for the response and that's good to hear. I actually did go with the Barnes after checking out everything else people mentioned here. Their black Friday sale landed the full kit (drag link, tie rod, TREs & the steering stabilizer bracket) @ $399.20 shipped, so it was significantly less expensive than others for what seemed to be a very similar kit.

kyle521

Hey, thanks for the response and that's good to hear. I actually did go with the Barnes after checking out everything else people mentioned here. Their black Friday sale landed the full kit (drag link, tie rod, TREs & the steering stabilizer bracket) @ $399.20 shipped, so it was significantly less expensive than others for what seemed to be a very similar kit.

With a discount code I got just the tie rod for around $260-$270

Top Bottom