VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Moby Carried Off the Field / PART 4 [POST & WIN SHOT GLASSES]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been following all the fun that Cindy and I had wheeling our way across New Mexico and Arizona on the Nitto Dirt Experience presented by KMC Wheels, you've probably been wondering, whatever happened to Moby? In the very first scene of Part 1, you saw him in a cloud of dust, struggling to keep his engine running and then, not a word about it. Well, it wasn't until day 4 on our our trip that things started to fall apart on us and in this video, you'll get to see what ultimately got him loaded up on a trailer and carried off the field.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Please be advised that there is some minor, un-edited swearing in this video.

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up what you thought of the JKX 2020 Series! A WINNER will be selected at random and posted on this thread. Thanks for watching! :)

SHOTGLASSES SMALL.jpg

UPDATE: The winner is J&k_overland

For the first time in almost 20 years, Cindy and I did not get to spend the first week of November in Las Vegas, Nevada, like we always do and to cover all the cool new parts, accessories, wheels and tires being made for the Jeep JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. I am of course talking about the world famous SEMA Show and just like everything else in this crazy dumpster fire of a year, the show got cancelled. Fortunately, not all was lost and all thanks to Nitto as they decided to hold their 10th Annual JK-Experience on that week instead. And, as luck would have it, we were invited to join in on the fun! Presented by KMC Wheels, this awesome adventure would start in Las Cruces, New Mexico and take us all the way to Barstow, California almost 800 miles to the west and loosely following the original route of the very first JK-Experience.

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels or any of the sponsors such as EVO Manufacturing, Off Road Evolution, PSC Performance Steering, Synergy, WARN, King Shocks, Currie, Dana Spicer, Cover King, Dave's Smokin BBQ, Pelican or Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20201206145206-4f53aa85-me.jpg

See how it all ends.

J&k_Overland

Sweet off to watch it now. Been a awesome series so far.

Edit

Just watched it. Couple things

217 views ins the first 15 minutes damn son you popular

Those trails are no joke.

Ain’t it funny how the simple shit bites you in the ass. Glad it was a easy (ish) fix

I was promised more swearing.

Last edited:
Whelp... that was like watching your favorite player dominate for 3 qtrs of a championship game and then having them go down in the 4th... hate seeing Moby on a trailer but super glad it was a simple fix.

I know how long you guys waited to get him back. I popped in to your place I think right before you guys took him to Motech last year and when we were talking, I remember hearing the disappointment in your voice.

Series was a riot to watch and I’ve definitely got to add some of those trails to my bucket list.

Looking forward to getting out with you guys soon.

jdofmemi

Just watched it.

Love getting Youtube on the TV so it can be watched like a proper movie.

Good show, up until it wasn't.

Too bad it seems that you had to miss the end of the JKX, and end up on the trailer for the second year in a row, and especially after all the prep work you did to make sure that didn't happen.

Thanks for taking all of us along on the adventure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet off to watch it now. Been a awesome series so far.

Edit

Just watched it. Couple things

217 views ins the first 15 minutes damn son you popular

Those trails are no joke.

Ain’t it funny how the simple shit bites you in the ass. Glad it was a easy (ish) fix

I was promised more swearing.

LOL - sorry about that :blush:

What sucks is that the way the wiring harness was routed wasn't the normal way it's done. The guys working on Moby are fans and they were trying to route everything so that the install would look super clean. Unfortunately, they didn't catch the metal tab on the fender being so close to the harness. If we didn't wheel as hard as we do, it might have lasted like that for a long time. All the bouncing around just sped things up. Anyway, they found it fast and all is good. :yup:

Whelp... that was like watching your favorite player dominate for 3 qtrs of a championship game and then having them go down in the 4th... hate seeing Moby on a trailer but super glad it was a simple fix.

I know how long you guys waited to get him back. I popped in to your place I think right before you guys took him to Motech last year and when we were talking, I remember hearing the disappointment in your voice.

Series was a riot to watch and I’ve definitely got to add some of those trails to my bucket list.

Looking forward to getting out with you guys soon.

Thank you my friend. It was tough and we were disappointed but fortunately, we got to do all the hardest wheeling so it not like we missed too much. They did go on to Glamis but that's about it.

Hope to see you out on the trail soon :thumb:

Just watched it.

Love getting Youtube on the TV so it can be watched like a proper movie.

Good show, up until it wasn't.

Too bad it seems that you had to miss the end of the JKX, and end up on the trailer for the second year in a row, and especially after all the prep work you did to make sure that didn't happen.

Thanks for taking all of us along on the adventure.

LOL - awesome. So glad it still looks good on a big screen. :D

Having to be carried off the field on a trailer sucked for sure but as I say in the video, at least that option was available to us. Fortunately, we didn't miss out on any of the big wheeling. :cool:

Suspect

VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Moby Carried Off the Field / PART 4 [POST & WIN SHOT GLASSES]

Perfect timing on the upload, I get to enjoy this on my lunch break! I haven’t seen it yet but I’m glad to hear Moby is up and running again [emoji1360]

WJCO

Meme King
How frustrating, but glad it's fixed now. Thanks for taking the time to film it even during the heat of the moment to share with us regardless.

Did Harris get rid of his red JT? I see he was driving a much better colored one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The shopping cart. 🤣

LOL - what was funnier was me trying to explain to the nice officer who was watching us the whole time, what exactly we were doing. :crazyeyes:

How frustrating, but glad it's fixed now. Thanks for taking the time to film it even during the heat of the moment to share with us regardless.

Did Harris get rid of his red JT? I see he was driving a much better colored one.

I won't lie, it was tough. In fact, there's lots we didn't film if only because it's so hard to think of it when things aren't going wrong. Fortunately, we thought about it enough to make a story out of it.

Regarding Harris, yes, he sold his red JT and started over with the blue one. LOL

DMF

Not my favorite video at all. Hurts to see Moby like this but glad he is back on his feet again.

Edit
Meant to say not my favorite video because of what happened to Moby.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well shit! Sucks seeing Moby get taken out that way!

It was a bummer for sure but all was good in the end. :yup:

Not my favorite video at all. Hurts to see Moby like this but glad he is back on his feet again.

Edit
Meant to say not my favorite video because of what happened to Moby.

LOL - I got that. We always try to keep it real and sometimes, shit happens.

Excellent series as always! Good to see Moby out there... He sounds like the beast that he is [emoji106]

Bummer you couldn't finish the trip, but glad the group got you guys off the trail and home safely.

Oh yeah, all that really matters is that we were with our friends and all was good in the end :yup:

Top Bottom