Rock Krawler JK45X2LA-4TG

Does anybody have experience with this set up from Rock Krawler? Here’s a link to the setup https://rockkrawler.com/jku-4-5-inch-x-factor-x2-trail-gunner-long-arm-system/

Not personally in terms of my own vehicle but I did install a few at my previous job and for the money, just go EVO. It’s a much more complete kit, much better components IMO and above all, I’m not a big fan of 3 link setups personally. You’ll likely get quite a few opinions here on it as well.

I should note... I am using their Xfactor control arms and while they do provide a decent amount of flex in the joint, they suck to maintain, require special grease from RK and require a special tool to disassemble. Had I not gotten the deal on them I got, I’d run something else.

Just go with EVO. If you’re seriously looking at a system like this, IMO you’re wasting your money on anything else.

MericaMade

I should note... I am using their Xfactor control arms and while they do provide a decent amount of flex in the joint, they suck to maintain, require special grease from RK and require a special tool to disassemble. Had I not gotten the deal on them I got, I’d run something else.

Just go with EVO. If you’re seriously looking at a system like this, IMO you’re wasting your money on anything else.
OP, when you see EVO parts next to rock crawler you will be happy you went with EVO.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have been running the RK X-factor kit (all suspension components replaced) for about 6 years. It has their progressive springs and doesn’t sway but they are stiff. I also switch to EVO track bar brackets (the front RK one broke off after about a year and the rear was starting to crack at the weld to the axle) and I went back to my OEM track bars (heim joints in RK track bars transferred more vibrations than I cared for into the chassis). I also fabricated a new rear track bar body mount due to the track bar rubbing on the rear passenger spring. That was due to the hit shifting the rear axle back 1 inch.

Overall I like the kit a lot after I made all of these “adjustments.” It does what I want and rides well on and off the road. If I did it again, I would have gone with EVO from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thebeezknez

Caught the Bug
I have been running the RK X-factor kit (all suspension components replaced) for about 6 years. It has their progressive springs and doesn’t sway but they are stiff. I also switch to EVO track bar brackets (the front RK one broke off after about a year and the rear was starting to crack at the weld to the axle) and I went back to my OEM track bars (heim joints in RK track bars transferred more vibrations than I cared for into the chassis). I also fabricated a new rear track bar body mount due to the track bar rubbing on the rear passenger spring. That was due to the hit shifting the rear axle back 1 inch.

Overall I like the kit a lot after I made all of these “adjustments.” It does what I want and rides well on and off the road. If I did it again, I would have gone with EVO from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did you run the 3 link front and back with coils?

817Jeeper

I just switched from RK spring to EVO springs and wish, I did it along time ago.

Also I’ve installed both RK control arms (on my Jeep) and EVO control arms (on a friends Jeep) EVO are so much beefier.

thebeezknez

Caught the Bug
So I ended up going with the Evo DTD system. I initially ordered the Rock Krawler kit before I saw this Evo setup. Luckily RK took forever to get kit together and gave me time to do a lot more research.

Not sold on the RK build quality and Evo seems like a much better product.

So Evo is about 10-12 weeks out, I don’t want to change my mind again. Anything out there in the same price range that I should even consider?

Not a daily driver, will be used mostly for crawling and some open desert here and there. Will be installed with Prorock 60/60.

Last edited:
So I ended up going with the Evo DTD system. I initially ordered the Rock Krawler kit before I saw this Evo setup. Luckily RK took forever to get kit together and gave me time to do a lot more research.

Not sold on the RK build quality and Evo seems like a much better product.

So Evo is about 10-12 weeks out, I don’t want to change my mind again. Anything out there in the same piece range that I should even consider?

Not a daily driver, will be used mostly for crawling and some open desert here and there. Will be installed with Prorock 60/60.

Nope. Search is over. Worth the wait IMO. Congrats and good luck with the build. You won’t regret it

thebeezknez

Caught the Bug
So I ordered the Evo setup from Northridge today. I ordered with rear bump stop kit but was told there are no front bump stops for the dtd. That you have to use the triple bypass as a stop.

Can anyone confirm that is true?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So I ordered the Evo setup from Northridge today. I ordered with rear bump stop kit but was told there are no front bump stops for the dtd. That you have to use the triple bypass as a stop.

Can anyone confirm that is true?

Northridge was your first mistake...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
And you don’t need bump stops... have you talked to no one about your build??? Just throw money at it... anyway your bypasses are your bump stops. If your spending this kind of dough maybe do some damn research...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom