Scope Creep

TND333

I ran the Dusy last summer and while amazing, it was hard on the underside of most of our rigs. I thought I had gotten away with only the usual skid plate damage.

It wasn’t until I met up with Ruvicon a few weeks later that I noticed my front passenger shock was completely broken.
IMG_5204.jpg IMG_5205.jpg

Not the point of this thread, but maybe this is why shocks shouldn’t limit down travel?

Anyway, it got me thinking. I know we drive jeeps, but if it rides so poorly that I can’t tell when a front shock is disconnected maybe it’s time for a change.

So better shocks were on the menu, a little bit of research showed that better shocks will cost a decent amount, and then I had to see what the jump to coilovers would be...And Long arms...And better sway bars...And bumps.

Where/how do you draw the line on these things?

TND333

Thankfully this forum and PatriotKJM had the answer for me over in the recycler section.

A resounding F@&$ that line!

He and I struck up a deal and last weekend I took a trip to pick up not only EVO long arms and coil overs, but also Dynatrac 60/80 combo, air bumps, anti-rock sway bars, 40s, drive shafts, the whole kit.

I’ll be installing everything and documenting progress here as I go and as I remember to take pictures.

Here are some shots of loading everything up. A big thank you to PatriotKJM for his excellent job cleaning and labeling everything for me.

IMG_5225.jpg IMG_5226.jpg IMG_5219.jpg

If anyone is looking for a Dynatrac 44/60 combo with all the parts and pieces those will be hitting the market once I get them off and cleaned up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TND333

Everything off the front. EVO brackets on and test fitting the bump stop to see how square I got the cut.

63001805227__7D788DE6-730A-478A-AF90-AF38B42F0745.jpg

jdofmemi

Well, that escalated quickly from a broken shock🤣🤣

Congratulations on a good deal.

You really knocked it out of the park with this set up.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was wondering where all those parts went. Congrats! Keep up updated on the build

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug
Wow Tom, what an awesome upgrade. All I got out of Dusy was a new $20 track bar bushing. 🤣

JT@623

Hooked
Is that all you have to do is break a shock and the shock ferry shows up wish I would’ve known that sooner.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That’s like stubbing your toe and ending up with a 20 year old trophy wife.

FFPulley77

Hooked
That’s like stubbing your toe and ending up with a 20 year old trophy wife.

I’ll preface this by saying that I have neither the built Jeep on tons & 40’s nor the trophy wife...

I’m going take a WAG and say that the 20 year old trophy wife would cost more in the long run.

Top Bottom