Get everyone's thoughts

Dale72

Hooked
I have been thinking about trading my 18 with the 2.0 in for a new 2021 with the v6. Mine right now has just a little over 7000 miles on it. I want to see if the guys that have put a lot of miles on their 2.0,s are you having any problems with it

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a 2.0L but knew a few people with one and so far as I've seen, they've had no problems. The only thing I don't like about the 2.0L is that it needs to run on 91 and has much faster service cycles like on spark plugs and things like that.

Dale72

Hooked
I don't have a 2.0L but knew a few people with one and so far as I've seen, they've had no problems. The only thing I don't like about the 2.0L is that it needs to run on 91 and has much faster service cycles like on spark plugs and things like that.
Thanks Eddie the only thing I don't like about it is the 48v battery. I hate to think how much it's going to cost to replace it when the time comes

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I don’t like that it needs to run on 91/93 either. I was driving a used one on trade in the other day at work and the engine was pinging it’s ass off. Was a 2018 with 24000 on it. [emoji45]

WJCO

Meme King
I have been thinking about trading my 18 with the 2.0 in for a new 2021 with the v6. Mine right now has just a little over 7000 miles on it. I want to see if the guys that have put a lot of miles on their 2.0,s are you having any problems with it

We only have 2500 miles on ours but no major issues. As Steve mentioned, it was pinging prior to using 91 octane. Our owner's manual said 87 octane is fine which we ran for awhile. The wife drives it most of the time and doesn't notice stuff like that but I was driving it for a couple days about a month ago and we have hills near our house and it was pinging up the hills. 91 octane fixed that right away. Occasionally the radio does it's gremlin thing but so does the Gladiator. I think it's related to the tazer personally but it doesn't happen often enough for me to worry about. We have the hard top on the JL and the window struts failed within the first week we got it (in the summer). Not sure what's up with that. No other issues other than those.

Last edited:

Dale72

Hooked
We only have 2500 miles on ours but no major issues. As Steve mentioned, it was pinging prior to using 91 octane. Our owner's manual said 87 octane is fine which we ran for awhile. The wife drives it most of the time and doesn't notice stuff like that but I was driving it for a couple days about a month ago and we have hills near our house and it was pinging up the hills. 91 octane fixed that right away. Occasionally the radio does it's gremlin thing but so does the Gladiator. I think it's related to the tazer personally but it doesn't happen often enough for me to worry about. We have the hard top on the JL and the window struts failed within the first week we got it (in the summer). Not sure what's up with that. No other issues other than those.
I have been running 87 octane since I've had got it and I haven't heard any pinging YET. The warranty will expire by years and not by mileage

Top Bottom