4 link and UD60’s on a JKUR

Hey all. Looking for some insight.

Trying to help out a buddy who is about to jump on some UD60’s. He’s also wanting to run a d.t 4 link and genrite fuel tank but, isn’t sure if it will work with a standard spring and shock setup or if we need to outboard the shocks or go to coilovers. He’s pretty set on a 4 link system and the deal he got on UD60’s was too good to pass up.

Any help or insight would be helpful

Rst8rox

Hey all. Looking for some insight.

Trying to help out a buddy who is about to jump on some UD60’s. He’s also wanting to run a d.t 4 link and genrite fuel tank but, isn’t sure if it will work with a standard spring and shock setup or if we need to outboard the shocks or go to coilovers. He’s pretty set on a 4 link system and the deal he got on UD60’s was too good to pass up.

Any help or insight would be helpful

Call GenRight.... they will be able to tell you how/what needs to be done. Their tech department is Top Notch!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

He did that, and they basically said if it’s not a Dynatrac axle and our 4 link kit then our specs won’t help you, good luck”
So... here I am

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna bet your buddy is gonna to need to cut off the existing brackets and weld on some new ones to make it work. This is true of most custom setups and why shops like EVO always tries to order up axles that have no brackets on them. Hope your buddy has fun filling up that gas tank.

I'm gonna bet your buddy is gonna to need to cut off the existing brackets and weld on some new ones to make it work. This is true of most custom setups and why shops like EVO always tries to order up axles that have no brackets on them. Hope your buddy has fun filling up that gas tank.

LOL! Thanks Eddie. I’ve been trying to talk him out of it but he’s set in his ways. And yeah... filling that tank is gonna be a PITA. Big reason why I’ll take a few extra rotopax and stock control arm locations over a big ass tank and d.t any day.

Ddays

Hooked
If he's jumping into a 4-link, it'd be kinda silly to stay with coils & shocks. If he's going that far he should just go to an outboard CO setup.
As far as Genright/UD-60 goes, once the brackets are removed the kit doesn't know what axle it's mounted on. Really, I would think the only
exception would be how the two upper links mount to the axle. Dynatrac has mounts machined into the pumpkin to accept a bolt on cradle to
accept the arms. Artec may have something weld-on available.

If he's jumping into a 4-link, it'd be kinda silly to stay with coils & shocks. If he's going that far he should just go to an outboard CO setup.
As far as Genright/UD-60 goes, once the brackets are removed the kit doesn't know what axle it's mounted on. Really, I would think the only
exception would be how the two upper links mount to the axle. Dynatrac has mounts machined into the pumpkin to accept a bolt on cradle to
accept the arms. Artec may have something weld-on available.

Yup. My thoughts exactly on all fronts.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Fury went full outboard. I can tell you the setup is unbelievably stable and frankly I would do it in a heartbeat if it didn’t require spending that much money on Genrights kit to essentially relocate a gas tank. As others have said at the end of the day their kit doesn’t care what axle it’s on. You would just need a competent person setting it up. I also fully agree in that why in the hell would you go to a double triangulated, relocate your gas tank and not go outboard with a proper CO set up.

Fury went full outboard. I can tell you the setup is unbelievably stable and frankly I would do it in a heartbeat if it didn’t require spending that much money on Genrights kit to essentially relocate a gas tank. As others have said at the end of the day their kit doesn’t care what axle it’s on. You would just need a competent person setting it up. I also fully agree in that why in the hell would you go to a double triangulated, relocate your gas tank and not go outboard with a proper CO set up.

Good to know. And to your point about why not outboard coilovers... who the hell knows.

Top Bottom