Wave from Northern Utah

bleedsblue

Hi all. Got my first Jeep this past April when a friend talked me into getting rid of my side by side. It is a 2003 WJ with the 4.0. Completely bone stock when I got her.
It has a 4" RC LA kit with 2" spacers on the front. Rubicon D44's front and rear re-geared to 4.88. For some reason after the axle swap I had to add the spacers on the front to get it level with the rear. Affordable Offroad bumper and still adding things daily. Currently building a stroker with parts from Russ Pottenger.
20200401_192423.jpg
20201002_090914.jpg
20200906_081655.jpg
20201112_150546_resized(1).jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to Wayalife from Cali [emoji1690]

I'm digging all the WJ builds I've seen here recently. Sweet rig!

Oh, and SLC is my hometown. I plan on moving back there someday. [emoji106]

2018 JK 2-Door Auto
1997 TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Kansas City.

Courtesy is given. Respect is earned.

07 JKU Sahara - Rrangdar
07 JKU Rubicon - Drachyn

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Your comment ditching the side by side cracked me up in a good way. I similarly bought my WJ figuring I could build it as much as I want to, and it would still be about half the cost of a new high end side by side. And then be wheeling in heated or air conditioned comfort. Nice Grand you have there and welcome from Arizona!

bleedsblue

Your comment ditching the side by side cracked me up in a good way. I similarly bought my WJ figuring I could build it as much as I want to, and it would still be about half the cost of a new high end side by side. And then be wheeling in heated or air conditioned comfort. Nice Grand you have there and welcome from Arizona!

Thank you Sir! Yeah, it took my buddy about 5 years to talk me into in. Last year with a REALLY wet hunting season in Colorado I decided that was it. All my friends have XJ's but they just seemed to small for me. I don't know how people over 5'10" sit in them that long. Having said that, the WJ parts are made from unicorn horn so the XJ would have been a bit cheaper.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
the XJ would have been a bit cheaper.

Having had both a 2001 XJ and a 1999 WJ, I can say I like the WJ much better. Not only is it bigger, but I think it's more fun to drive. The XJ does have a bit more aftermarket support but so far there hasn't been anything I want or need that I couldn't find. I'm willing to pay a little more in aftermarket especially since the initial purchase on the WJ is so much cheaper. For similar miles and condition, I have found the XJ to be about $4000.00 more for anything really good these days. The only reason I was able to buy my XJ cheaper than a WJ at the time was because it was brand new LOL.

Top Bottom