Five reasons why internal combustion engines are here to stay

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Good read. I really do hope it proves to be accurate.

The big V-8’s are probably on their way out, except maybe in heavy duty trucks. I foresee everything going the way Ford is going. Smaller displacement with turbochargers, and hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I don't think ICE engines will disappear entirely, but man, seeing some of the EV's in action, like the Hummer, Mustang Mach E (1100hp version), not to mention the Tesla's & vehicles already in production, I'm kinda looking forward to them. The possibilities and tunability of the EV's are endless.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Both good articles but they are leaving out a lot of information. They don’t consider the impact increased EV production will have on technology and affordability or the global uptake of renewable power generation. No one is building new coal power plants anymore.

The ICE won’t be dead for a long time yet but it will become a lot rarer in passenger vehicles.

Also they never talk about the environmental impacts of maintaining an ICE versus EV.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Both good articles but they are leaving out a lot of information. They don’t consider the impact increased EV production will have on technology and affordability or the global uptake of renewable power generation. No one is building new coal power plants anymore.

The ICE won’t be dead for a long time yet but it will become a lot rarer in passenger vehicles.

Also they never talk about the environmental impacts of maintaining an ICE versus EV.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Like fossil fuels, precious metals don't have an infinite supply.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
We will never run out of crude because its not made out of fossils. It's generated within the earths crust as an ongoing process.

Exactly... they just don't want you to know that... because then they can't make as much money if it's not limited supply.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I don't think you'll ever be able to fully charge an EV in under 5 minutes without turning it into a bomb or a pile of molten metal/plastic. Until/unless a 5 min charge is achieved EV won't replace IC. Even if it does happen I still think EV will only at most be able to replace 80-90% of the IC engines on the road. Still plenty of use cases where EV just doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom