Better ride quality?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Looking to make some changes to improve the ride of the new to me Jeep. I can feel most every bump in the road and while I wouldn’t think twice being that’s how it’s always been, my old JK on 4” plush rides and Fox floats over everything.
Currently running short arms, Evo spec king 2.5 adjustables turned all the way down, and 3” Plush Rides.
Shocks have about 30k miles on them.

To those running the Plush Ride/Evo King combo, can you feel every bump or is it more like a Cadi in that you almost can’t feel most road bumps?

MericaMade

Looking to make some changes to improve the ride of the new to me Jeep. I can feel most every bump in the road and while I wouldn’t think twice being that’s how it’s always been, my old JK on 4” plush rides and Fox floats over everything.
Currently running short arms, Evo spec king 2.5 adjustables turned all the way down, and 3” Plush Rides.
Shocks have about 30k miles on them.

To those running the Plush Ride/Evo King combo, can you feel every bump or is it more like a Cadi in that you almost can’t feel most road bumps?

I loved mine and had zero issues with them, but with 30k miles I bet you need to service them and they are low on nitro.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I loved mine and had zero issues with them, but with 30k miles I bet you need to service them and they are low on nitro.

That’s what I’m wondering. Considering having them revalved vs serviced, but never drove them with fewer miles so I’m not actually sure how they’re supposed to ride

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Just realized this went into the trips forum, not sure how that happened... can an admin help me out here?

MericaMade

That’s what I’m wondering. Considering having them revalved vs serviced, but never drove them with fewer miles so I’m not actually sure how they’re supposed to ride

Do you have the KIng or EVO spec valving? If you revalue they will be serviced at the same time.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sounds like they just need servicing. King recommends every 15k for an oil change.

Ddays

Hooked
I've watched numerous vids and servicing them doesn't look very hard, just really messy and time consuming. You'll save money over time if you keep the Jeep long enough,
but your biggest expense will be the nitrogen setup. But once that's bought along with a gallon of the shock oil, you'll be set.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Tires and pressure? I'm running 3" plush and Evo spec kings with no issues. I've run 37x13.5 Cooper SST pros and 35x12.5 Goodyear duratracs both at 32psi.

Maybe check the nitrogen pressure on the shocks- they're supposed to be 150psi.

It's definitely not a Cadillac, I feel the bumps but it's not harsh. Better than the rockkrawler springs and Fox shocks I had before.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Unless you are running too much tire pressure, it sounds like your shocks are done.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Do you have the KIng or EVO spec valving? If you revalue they will be serviced at the same time.

Evo Spec. That’s where I’m torn if I want to keep the Evo spec and just service or spend the extra $80 per shock now and just revalve them while they’re being serviced

Tires and pressure? I'm running 3" plush and Evo spec kings with no issues. I've run 37x13.5 Cooper SST pros and 35x12.5 Goodyear duratracs both at 32psi.

Maybe check the nitrogen pressure on the shocks- they're supposed to be 150psi.

It's definitely not a Cadillac, I feel the bumps but it's not harsh. Better than the rockkrawler springs and Fox shocks I had before.

37x12.5r17 Ridge Grapplers at 28 psi

I've watched numerous vids and servicing them doesn't look very hard, just really messy and time consuming. You'll save money over time if you keep the Jeep long enough,
but your biggest expense will be the nitrogen setup. But once that's bought along with a gallon of the shock oil, you'll be set.

I so bad want to learn it myself, but space and time is a bit of a restriction for the next 6 or so months...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’d just get them serviced. From what I understand, it won’t get the Cadillac feel unless you put a DTD on there.

MericaMade

I’d just get them serviced. From what I understand, it won’t get the Cadillac feel unless you put a DTD on there.

This and the Evo specs are specific for jeeps. Just service them keep the Evo valving.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

This and the Evo specs are specific for jeeps. Just service them keep the Evo valving.

Fair enough, I suppose the weight I’m about to add with Evo sliders and rocker skins should help soften things up as well lol

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Fair enough, I suppose the weight I’m about to add with Evo sliders and rocker skins should help soften things up as well lol

Another thing I would add is make sure you grease your control arms. Makes a big difference.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Another thing I would add is make sure you grease your control arms. Makes a big difference.

Rears are stock, front are on the list for this weekend to grease actually. What’s the best grease to use for the JJs?

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Well shit! just took all eight apart and re greased with Mobile Synthetic.

Time to start over [emoji23]
Really though sounds like they’re jacked now, you should probably just send them to me instead of throwing them out lol

wjtstudios

Hooked
Time to start over [emoji23]
Really though sounds like they’re jacked now, you should probably just send them to me instead of throwing them out lol

Well shit! just took all eight apart and re greased with Mobile Synthetic.

Too funny. I’d think you are good. Just start running moly into it next time you grease them

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom