Has anyone bent their Stock Dana44 or know of someone who did?

WJCO

Meme King
I just got my JT back after sending it to the dealer after hitting a deer. I was going 70mph when I hit the brakes. I steered off while breaking as much as I felt comfortable with but didn't want to over do it with a RTT. The steering was off, the dealer said the front is fine but the rear is bent.

Bent the rear shaft or the rear axle housing?

Last edited:

jasont0311

Caught the Bug

Nailed it!

I was also wondering how its possible for the rear to be bent. The deer was so close to being free to scamper off to do deer things but at the last second he doubled back and hit my front left tire/wheel well area then flew into the middle of the road. I can't help but think this happened before the deer. I haven't done shit to this axle in my opinion and I put my old JK axle through 10x's more abuse before upgrading to a pr60. Im going to take it to a close friends shop who I trust before making any decisions.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nailed it!

I was also wondering how its possible for the rear to be bent. The deer was so close to being free to scamper off to do deer things but at the last second he doubled back and hit my front left tire/wheel well area then flew into the middle of the road. I can't help but think this happened before the deer. I haven't done shit to this axle in my opinion and I put my old JK axle through 10x's more abuse before upgrading to a pr60. Im going to take it to a close friends shop who I trust before making any decisions.

That’s weird that the rear is bent! Looking forward to hear what your friend has to say.

Top Bottom