Willys gladiator diesel

Dyzard

So I was going to get my gladiator diesel ordered before deployment but I ended up buying the wife's 2.0 turbo wrangler instead which has given me time to think on what exactly I want. I've been debating on the willys or just shell out and get the rubi both options would be the diesel.

Considerations
I remember reading somewhere that had said the diesel (in the willys especially) would come with both front and rear Dana 44 now I can't seem to find where I had read this and I'm starting to think it was untrue can anyone speak to this and know what axles would come on the willys in a diesel Configuration?

Also if anyone wants to help me with decision points between the willys or the rubi gladiator with the diesel engine id love to see thoughts on this and what everyone's thinking

I'm thinking I'll be settling on a 4" and 37s or a 3" and 35s for the lift and tires when it comes time which is where I'm curious on the axles for the willys in a diesel
Look forward to chatting!

Sent from my SM-N981U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
It does have a front 44.

GLADIATOR WILLYS 4X4

Heavy–Duty Dana[emoji768] 44 Front Axle
Heavy–Duty Dana[emoji768] 44 Rear Axle
3.73 Axle Ratio

One thing to consider is, you can’t get max tow in a Willys as far as I know. The LSD that’s standard on a Willys package cannot be added to a max tow sport.

Though I really like the Willys edition (it somehow comes with KM2s) and the diesel, I don’t think it’s the best combo unless towing is not even on your radar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Transfer case is 2.73 with the diesel vs 4.1 with the gas, but arguably the torque of the diesel makes up for that? IDK, does anyone have a built diesel Gladiator here?

Dale72

Hooked
Transfer case is 2.73 with the diesel vs 4.1 with the gas, but arguably the torque of the diesel makes up for that? IDK, does anyone have a built diesel Gladiator here?
Eddie said that Mel just got a diesel Gladiator. The one he put the 42's in the bed of in the video when Eddie did the test

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dyzard

Thanks I appreciate it and from what I've seen you csn do minimal towing at most id be doing a small boat and such I had thought about a small camper but it doesn't seem like it would be best at all

My biggest concern was the axles though, mostly because I want to get back in to wheelin and such but I just enjoy having a truck for dump runs, and the occasional haul I had a ram 1500 hemi for awhile and I barely used it for a truck but still like the availability to do so and I missed having a jeep lol
It does have a front 44.

GLADIATOR WILLYS 4X4

Heavy–Duty Dana[emoji768] 44 Front Axle
Heavy–Duty Dana[emoji768] 44 Rear Axle
3.73 Axle Ratio

One thing to consider is, you can’t get max tow in a Willys as far as I know. The LSD that’s standard on a Willys package cannot be added to a max tow sport.

Though I really like the Willys edition (it somehow comes with KM2s) and the diesel, I don’t think it’s the best combo unless towing is not even on your radar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my SM-N981U using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Sorry folks someone sent this to me and I totally didn't see it til so better late than never.

1) All gladiators have D44s front and rear, ie m210/m220
2) Willys has narrow track version not wide track like Rubicon/Mojave/Max tow
3) The post that said diesels get 2.72 vs 4:1 tcase isn't correct. Rubicon diesels still get the 4:1. Willys have 2.72:1 in gas and diesel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom