Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag Link Flip

Fresh Catch

Drag Link Flip

2014 JK Rubicon Unlimited

I currently have a Evo Mfg Drag link Flip but want to switch to Synergy. Does anyone know if it will work. I know the Synergy requires drilling to 7/8 but comes with a sleeve. Not sure what size the Evo drag link was drilled too.

Thank you
    Ernie

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Weim View Post

I currently have a Evo Mfg Drag link Flip but want to switch to Synergy. Does anyone know if it will work. I know the Synergy requires drilling to 7/8 but comes with a sleeve. Not sure what size the Evo drag link was drilled too.

Thank you
    Ernie

EVO's is 13/16" , so you should be good if it was drilled correctly originally: http://evomfg.com/EVO%20JK%20Drag%20Link%20Flip%20Kit

Why are you switching?
    "A Republic, if you can keep it." -Benjamin Franklin

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Weim View Post

Thank you
    Ernie

The Synergy sleeve is slightly bigger than Evo's so drilling out from that Evo 13/16 to this Synergy is a bitch but just take your time and buy a brand new drill bit.

Fresh Catch
    The joint is wore out after 150k miles and Mel at Evo said I need to replace the entire drag link so I decided to go with Synergy as the ends are replaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    EVO's is 13/16" , so you should be good if it was drilled correctly originally: http://evomfg.com/EVO%20JK%20Drag%20Link%20Flip%20Kit

Why are you switching?

Caught the Bug
    Couple thoughts as I've had issues with these in the past:

Pull the knuckle and drill in a press or have it machined. If the hole isn't perfect, the sleeve will shift in the hole and cause a loose draglink. I ended up welding my bung into the knuckle to stop the problem. Welding does solve the problem, if it occurs :-P

The Synergy will flop as the joints get older/looser. Not a big deal when daily driving or crawling, but if you are romping it off-road, you can hear the bar bouncing. I noticed it pretty bad on my last trip to Sand Hollow.
    Yes, the joints can be clocked to minimize the flop, but it was always there in some form or another.

Just my experience. Still a great bar for the money, the replaceable ends are inexpensive. I would have no issues running one today if I didn't have tons and a custom setup. :-P

I went with Teraflex. It was an easy install. I just drilled the knuckle with a taper drill and installed it. Over 50k miles on same joint 40k with 35” tires and the 39” bfg for over 10k. I know everyone on here hates teraflex. But the steering kit came with my Alpine Long Arm kit and I have never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I originally installed the EVO flip.... but later upgraded to a Synergy Draglink. No Issues.

Why not just buy a crown RHD replacement. It's like $65 bucks. You'll get another 150k miles out of it. If you do go with synergy I'd try dropping it in before messing with the spacer. When I installed my EVO flip kit it required me to drill it to 7/8". I think the inside taper may be the same on both spacers.

Edit: $67

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-au...0aAuexEALw_wcB

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by jesse3638; 01-14-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Why not just buy a crown RHD replacement. It's like $65 bucks.

^^ This is what I did. Already had the raised trackbar bracket that came with the JKS adjustable trackbar I bought a while back. Only way I'd spend more money on it now is going aluminum.

Kinda fucking crazy $300 dollars for a trackbar bracket
    Last edited by Seahawkfan; 01-14-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Why not just buy a crown RHD replacement. It's like $65 bucks. You'll get another 150k miles out of it. If you do go with synergy I'd try dropping it in before messing with the spacer. When I installed my EVO flip kit it required me to drill it to 7/8". I think the inside taper may be the same on both spacers.

This^^ I have bent my drag link and just replaced it with a crown link. It’s a factory link just like what EVO sends you and it holds up great. For $65 it’s worth it.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast