2021 JL Build - name pending.

Love the community and Wayalife!!

I'm a former 2018 JKUS owner that ended up with a great deal on a 2019 Scatpack... this then led into an amazing deal for a 2021 JKUS with all the fixings. I had a really hard time letting go of that Charger but the JL is such an improvement in my humble opinion that it certainly tipped the scales in favor of the change.

Based on my research that I had done with the previous Jeep, I had installed the Metalcloak lift on the JK, bought some Black Rhino Armory wheels, and slapped on some Patagonia tires....yeah I know but I only used it for the road and had no immediate illusions to climb up a mountain. Lesson learned, the Black Rhino wheels were waaaaaaay too heavy and the JK experience became rough trying to keep it over 70 without having regeared from 2.72. I was in the process of pricing out things when the Scatpack deal happened.

What we have done so far -
- Metalcloak 3.5 gamechanger lift. I'm happy with it. Believe it or not, I really heard a lot about them from before with the JK and liked the lift. I have very recently looked more into the Evo brand and Dynatrac so there may be some changes down the line but I'm in no rush.
- Venomrex 501 wheels. They are really nice and light. Damn Black Rhinos were so heavy I came across these and decided I'll mess around with them for awhile. Once the switch is made in axles, these will need to go.
- interior slush mats Mopar brand front and rear. Cutting into the seats was nerve racking but I'm happy with how it came out.

So now on with the wants -
- Synergy track antiflex frame unit from Exodus... I plan on ordering next week, just need to follow up with Bubba after I reached out earlier this week.
- Upgraded axles to be able to put up with whatever punishment may come its way. I do plan on sticking with moderate trails but I'd rather be prepared, just in case.
- Axles should include upgraded brakes and ball joints. I'm thinking 4.88 or the lower end of 5.xx.... not scared about mileage but I'd rather not have to drive at 3,000 rpm for the extent of a cross country trip.
- lockers, up for recommendations on this. Just interested in reliable.
- KMC or some other quality beadlocks
- Nitto or Cooper STT Pro tires
- Tent solution... this is a tough one. We have the one touch roof so a fixed mount may be out of the question. SWMBO is not looking forward to sleeping on the floor either so who the hell knows
- upgraded headlights. Don't know if I really need this shit. I put on the Jw speakers on the JK and it was nice but I'm figuring that out on a trail when there is 0 light, your headlight should be more than enough. I'll take some portable Led flashlights for other shit.
- warn winch.

As far as the rest, I'm sure it will be added on as time goes on.

First pic has my mom and wife in it. Mom was in love with it but isn't so much a fan now that its lifted. I gotta get her a little stool to help her get in. The kids love it and don't mind a little struggle getting in. We are in South Florida and put that top back any chance we get.

The wheels and tires aren't on yet. They go on this Monday. 20201115_140428.jpg 20210101_170841.jpg 20210101_170813.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using WAYALIFE mobile app

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Congrats and sounds like you already know the direction your going in.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

Ddays

Hooked
Nice Jeep - congrats! IMHO, the single biggest improvement made to the JL is the 8sp auto. It's like driving a completely different vehicle. Lots of others for sure, but that is the one that really sticks out most for me.

Hey, what's up with your sky down there? It's a funky blue color. :thinking: Is it like that there all the time? Ours is a really great shade of gray all the time up here in the Northeast and really helps drive the Prozac prescriptions :thumb:

Thanks everyone!!

Driveway is amazing but it's not jack friendly... mom is at that stage where she wants to sell that amazing house and the family businesses to retire.

We get blue skies and blue water. I'd give it up now for some mountain ranges. Won't be happening so we will be putting some good miles on the JL.

Sent from my SM-G781U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom