Thoughts on Deleting catalytic converts

BaddestCross

What’s your thought on deleting the cat on a 2007 Wrangler. My state doesn’t require inspections and I’m thinking of ditching them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
My understanding is that the 3.8 needs a certain amount of back pressure to operate correctly, so I wouldn't delete them unless you're gonna take it to a tuner to reprogram the computer to deal with the change.

That being said, I'm no professional so maybe someone else here knows better.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Well I don't think you could ever legally sell it without cats, and heard the possibility of a garage holding it until cats are replaced if it had to go into a garage for something.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Are they bad? You really don’t gain anything on a slowpoke v6 by dumping them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

The only issue is the additional heat it adds to the engine by somewhat restricting the out flow. A lot of the “super cars” have gone to a two stage cat to increase flow. It could probably make a difference on squeezing a 6.2 LT or Hemi in there where heat is already a big issue. But not a 3.6.

I’m pretty sure at a certain age of the vehicle, cats are no longer required. No that this matters fir his jeep.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom