Building 4 link DIY

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
These are on a 89 YJ with a 6.0L, Dana60/70, Atlas TC, 42in Pitbulls.

39P8d.jpg

Old pic
IMAG0386.jpg

Attachments

• 39P8d.jpg
    39P8d.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
These are on a 89 YJ with a 6.0L, Dana60/70, Atlas TC, 42in Pitbulls.

39P8d.jpg

Old pic
IMAG0386.jpg

Wow I’ve never seen someone stuff tie rod ends into control arm brackets like that. You’ve got some OG techniques, my friend. Those are some bad ass ol jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Huh, never seen TRE's on control arms either. How long do you expect them to hold up? Have you done this before?

Rst8rox

Huh, never seen TRE's on control arms either. How long do you expect them to hold up? Have you done this before?

Hopefully just long enough to get in front of him before they let loose. I’ve seen some weird shit. TREs as rod ends is pretty high up on the list now. My only hope is that they are for some sort of mock up?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hopefully just long enough to get in front of him before they let loose. I’ve seen some weird shit. TREs as rod ends is pretty high up on the list now. My only hope is that they are for some sort of mock up?

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Guess you don’t have to throw away your bent tie rods anymore. Just cut them in half and you have two control arms.

MericaMade

I applaud the outside of the box thinking and fabrication work but I don't think those are going to be strong enough.

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
They have been on the Jeep since 2006 and never broke. And its wheeled pretty hard. We found them on a Heavy Race Jeep back in early 2000s.

Part Number TE11004LBH

Last edited:

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
Really surprised. These are made for Big Rigs, Semi Trucks. Trucks that legally haul 80,000lbs or 40 tons up and down our highways.

Guys around here have been running them on huge Jeeps with big power for probably 20yrs.

jdofmemi

I thought those looked pretty big and beefy.

The Dana 70 housing makes them look smaller than they really are.

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
I thought those looked pretty big and beefy.

The Dana 70 housing makes them look smaller than they really are.

SPECIFICATIONS

Attribute Value
Rod OD (A) 1-1/8”
Type 1
Thread Pitch & Direction 12 (RH)
Center to End (B) 5.440”
Height of Taper (C) 2.390”
Taper Minor Dia. (D) 0.967”
Taper Major Dia. (E) 1.102”
Taper Length (F) 1.080”
Stud Thread (G) 7/8”-14
Drop (H) N/A

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug

So far on this Jeep almost 15yrs. Never Broke one.

Haha, Glad to make it up the list higher.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Guess you don’t have to throw away your bent tie rods anymore. Just cut them in half and you have two control arms.

These are not your Normal Jeep Tie rod ends or 1 ton tie rods. These are used only 2.5 Ton and 5 ton Dump Trucks, Military Trucks, Semi's etc...

I applaud the outside of the box thinking and fabrication work but I don't think those are going to be strong enough.

They've been tested on multiple crawlers for 20yrs.

Rst8rox

Hey guys my rig is done! I spent thousands of dollars/hours building it! Better run to the local big rig shop and buy a few 35$ TREs to finish the suspension said nobody ever! This shit is a joke.

I DON’T CARE HOW MANY TIMES THEY HAVE WORKED. THIS IS DUMB AS FUCK!!!!

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
Hey guys my rig is done! I spent thousands of dollars/hours building it! Better run to the local big rig shop and buy a few 35$ TREs to finish the suspension said nobody ever! This shit is a joke.

I DON’T CARE HOW MANY TIMES THEY HAVE WORKED. THIS IS DUMB AS FUCK!!!!

Said no one ever,, lol Alot of hard core crawlers running 1 tons and rockwells. For over 20yrs. Have been doing it. Sorry its not a bought my overpriced parts that I can bolt on. Before JKs were around many guys actually built hardcore rigs and didnt have a massive aftermarket support. These ends have been tested and proven since the late 90s. Johns 4x4 and More, WMS, John Sumner and these guys know how to build big badass rigs.

Ever hear of the Big Meat run at Disney, Ok. What some videos. The olders ones if you can find them.

Top Bottom