Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Building 4 link DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Rst8rox View Post
    Great point! There might not have been other options available to them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sure, but then you get home and......?
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Been Around the Block J&k_overland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    If it ainít broke donít fix it?

Still looks sketchy though.

Bertha 03 WJ
    IZZE 01 TJ
    Popeye DD-743 67 CJ5w

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Easy one, i got this.....change your TRE

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Building 4 link DIY

Old school shit is often sketchy. Especially compared to new stuff. Iím just guessing but I think JJís have only been around 20years or so. From what I see these are some really old school builds. All motor sports have come a long way in that time. You wouldnít believe what went down the drag strip in the late 60ís and 70ís at over 200mph. Thatís not to say you should build it that way today but if it ainít broke and it passes tech? Run that shit!

IMG_2087.JPG
    Last edited by A.J.; 01-13-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Old school shit is often sketchy. Especially compared to new stuff. Iím just guessing but I think JJís have only been around 20years or so. From what I see these are some really old school builds. All motor sports have come a long way in that time. You wouldnít believe what went down the drag strip in the late 60ís and 70ís at over 200mph. Thatís not to say you should build it that way today but if it ainít broke and it passes tech? Run that shit!

IMG_2087.JPG
    Lol, there isn't a person on this site that hasn't used some hillbilly engineering on something at one time or another. I still question the need to use a part in 2021 that is made for one specific application for another entirely different purpose altogether. ESPECIALLY when there are quality parts to specifically do the job they are intended for. Ok, 20 years ago JJ's didn't exist. They do now, so why continue to use the TRE's.

Again, no beef with any of these guys, but no one has answered the question as to WHY they continue to use them. What is the perceived benefit???

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit

20yrs + ago we didn't have these nice JJ and hiem joints we do now. These TRE were used to solve a problem we had back then. That problem doesn't exist much today. Everything is easy to find online. Around here they used to build heavy 1 ton and rockwell rigs on 44s was normal for Crawling around Disney, Flat Nasty, Hot Springs etc... It worked back then. The Orange Jeep was built in 2006 and still used to this day on hard trails. He has never broke a link. Why change or try another joint? Should he change them if better joints are available now? Even though they have never broke?

I only started this thread and asked as anyone seen this? Not agrue about how its better then modern day hiem joints. Never once said that. Only the guys who flilped their keyboard warroir caps on backwards was making these statements.

Ps. I also deleted my post to the other website just a few min. After I posted it.
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 01-14-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    Only the guys who flipped their keyboard warrior caps on backwards was making these statements.
    #ThugLife2021

download.jpg
    "A Republic, if you can keep it." -Benjamin Franklin

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

20yrs + ago we didn't have these nice JJ and hiem joints we do now. These TRE were used to solve a problem we had back then. That problem doesn't exist much today. Everything is easy to find online. Around here they used to build heavy 1 ton and rockwell rigs on 44s was normal for Crawling around Disney, Flat Nasty, Hot Springs etc... It worked back then. The Orange Jeep was built in 2006 and still used to this day on hard trails. He has never broke a link. Why change or try another joint? Should he change them if better joints are available now? Even though they have never broke?

I only started this thread and asked as anyone seen this? Not agrue about how its better then modern day hiem joints. Never once said that. Only the guys who flilped their keyboard warroir caps on backwards was making these statements.

Ps. I also deleted my post to the other website just a few min. After I posted it.
    Viola!

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit

Building 4 link DIY

Ok nobody here has seen it before clearly. I also understand the rigs built prior to ďnew age jointsĒ had to. It still doesnít explain why a rig built in 06 would? Hiems where most definitely around in the late 90s and ez to access them then. So once again why not use jj/heims instead of resorting back to TREs? Why continue to use them? When there are clearly better ways NOW/in 06. Thatís all we are getting at.

You obviously are very partial to your TREs so.... Once again why do YOU/your buddies choose to keep using them?

Ps. As far as keyboard warriors go, I thought we were all going pretty Ez lol.

Last edited by Rst8rox; 01-14-2021 at 02:06 PM.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Looks to me like everyone has been pretty easy on you. A few questions, and a a few memes, but itís the Internet. Thatís what people do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast