Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gladiator Weapon Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Does the factory console and glove box not lock on the JL or jt?
    They both do but they're just plastic.
    "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids." -Joe Biden

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

I keep jumping back and forth between the holster panels and these magnetic options:
    71a1I5aLemL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm hoping Tuffy builds an under backseat box. I've seen a couple companies talking about it but haven't seen a finished product yet.

WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    They both do but they're just plastic.
    Locked center console in a locked vehicle (if you got a top and doors on) seems pretty secure to me. Then again I still maintain a pistol should be kept on your person. If you feel the need to carry, carry.

Donít get me wrong. Iím all for nerding out on this stuff. But there is a point it becomes silly and gimmicky depending what it is.
    en hopup veritas

Gladiator Weapon Mounts

I hope Tuffy makes a secure box for the rear seat. That is something I will actually be working on as a DYI in the interim.

With respect to normal driving, and especially driving in the hills, I donít particularly find it comfortable to have my pistol holstered on my body. But, I do want easy access.

I donít like or trust the magnet mounts, and they donít work with the sights on some of my pistols.

I will likely pull the trigger (haha) on the CMM bracket because it looks clean as hell. Then I will have my local kydex holster maker (LAG Tactical - I highly recommend them) make me some custom holsters to work with the CMM bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Last edited by Sharkey; 01-13-2021 at 03:13 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Locked center console in a locked vehicle (if you got a top and doors on) seems pretty secure to me.
    It really is. If I travel to visit family/friends (especially if they have kids), I prefer to lock my weapon in the vehicle when we're at their house. And I feel better with it being something that is metal vs plastic. With that being said, I've never had a problem. I have a buddy who works law enforcement and he said the statistics for car break-ins are crazy high only in two cases: 1)When valuables (or something a crackhead would deem valuable) is left out in plain sight in the vehicle. 2) When doors are left unlocked.
    We rarely keep anything valuable in the vehicle and if we do, it's out of sight, and we always lock our doors.

Then again I still maintain a pistol should be kept on your person. If you feel the need to carry, carry.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

With respect to normal driving, and especially driving in the hills, I don’t particularly find it comfortable to have my pistol holstered on my body. But, I do want easy access.
    Same here, and on long trips as well for me.
    "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids." -Joe Biden

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    It really is. If I travel to visit family/friends (especially if they have kids), I prefer to lock my weapon in the vehicle when we're at their house. And I feel better with it being something that is metal vs plastic. With that being said, I've never had a problem. I have a buddy who works law enforcement and he said the statistics for car break-ins are crazy high only in two cases: 1)When valuables (or something a crackhead would deem valuable) is left out in plain sight in the vehicle. 2) When doors are left unlocked.
    We rarely keep anything valuable in the vehicle and if we do, it's out of sight, and we always lock our doors.

Agreed.

Same here, and on long trips as well for me.
    +1 on this, I have the Tuffy under the seat which I use when I have to go into buildings where I'm not allowed to carry by law such as government buildings or when visiting my father in-law at the nursing home.

Hooked
    How safe/secure is behind the back seat? You can lock it with your key so it wonít fold down. Itís not accessible, but seems fairly secure.
    '09 JKU
    3.5" AEV w/flip
    RR w/ BFG M/T 33s
    Some other stuff too

Does the factory console and glove box not lock on the JL or jt?
    They do, but I discovered on the console lock if it's turned slightly while locked it pulls out of the socket and no more locked console lol

Also it's all relatively thin plastic, I don't think it would take much of a yank to pull the lid off

I'm looking for a mount that's not too obvious, I don't want some thief to think because they see a mount, there is something more hidden in the Jeep
    Last edited by jeeeep; 01-24-2021 at 05:59 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123