1990 YJ build

Graywolf

Just started a YJ build, The pictures show it as it was when bought. It was white and I ran it on the Rubicon to see how it worked. It was fine but with the 4.2 and carbed, it did leave a bit to be desired. I also got a spare 1994 4.0 from a Cherokee, complete with wiring harness and ECM. To say the least, both engines are in a local machine shop being made into a 4.7 stroker. It has a High pinon 8 lug 44 in the front set up with a 3 link and coils. I have a high pinon 60 to replace it. So far I have repainted it , put 37's on it and replaced the top. That's about were it sits so far. IMG_0382.JPG

Attachments

• 62275633926__91020CDF-0C26-4357-ADBB-5A0A4B4AF3A0.jpg
    62275633926__91020CDF-0C26-4357-ADBB-5A0A4B4AF3A0.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 129

Graywolf

Thanks, I wasn't a big fan of the YJ untill this one came available throught a friend of mine in our Jeep club. The bro price was fantastict

I sanded it down and then raddle can it with camo green and Black. then went over it with satin clear. The interior is camo tan, a close match with the original interior. I figured that raddle can will make it easy to fix trail scrapes and dings.

Graywolf

90 yj build

The latest update on the build. Decided to go with 5:38's and 35 spline Detroit's front and rear. Still waiting for the engine to be finished. I have it at one of the best shops in Idaho and they are busy as hell. It is a Dad and Son operation, but they do know their stuff. When I was talking to the son who is building my engine, he called me out for asking questions to see if he did know what he was doing. He thanked me and said he was glad I did, because then he knew that I knew what I wanted and that there would be no changes in the middle of the build. l will be taking the front and rear diff's to Idaho drive train to have them built next week. Hoping to have it running by fathers day weekend, for a planned run on the Rubicon with a bunch of friends. :D

JKbrick

The latest update on the build. Decided to go with 5:38's and 35 spline Detroit's front and rear. Still waiting for the engine to be finished. I have it at one of the best shops in Idaho and they are busy as hell. It is a Dad and Son operation, but they do know their stuff. When I was talking to the son who is building my engine, he called me out for asking questions to see if he did know what he was doing. He thanked me and said he was glad I did, because then he knew that I knew what I wanted and that there would be no changes in the middle of the build. l will be taking the front and rear diff's to Idaho drive train to have them built next week. Hoping to have it running by fathers day weekend, for a planned run on the Rubicon with a bunch of friends. :D

That sounds like a great Father’s Day

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Graywolf

That sounds like a great Father’s Day

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it should be, picked up the engine last Monday , both front and rear 60's are still in the shop. Seems getting parts from Spicer and Dana is a bit sketchy and a bit slow. But as soon as I get them back it won't take long to get the jeep back together. The next big challenge will be mating the 1990 wrangler wiring harness to the 1995 Cherokee harness. The two harnesses firewall plugins are identical to the plug in the wrangler. So hopefully it won't be to hard to figure out. As soon as I get the diff's back, I will post up more pictures of the progress.

Graywolf

Just started a YJ build, The pictures show it as it was when bought. It was white and I ran it on the Rubicon to see how it worked. It was fine but with the 4.2 and carbed, it did leave a bit to be desired. I also got a spare 1994 4.0 from a Cherokee, complete with wiring harness and ECM. To say the least, both engines are in a local machine shop being made into a 4.7 stroker. It has a High pinon 8 lug 44 in the front set up with a 3 link and coils. I have a high pinon 60 to replace it. So far I have repainted it , put 37's on it and replaced the top. That's about were it sits so far. View attachment 357853
Hi guys. sorry I haven't posted up lately, but on the 12th of this month my love of my life for 41 years passed away from the ravages of Dementia. My brain has been scrambled and I can't seem to deal with more than one thing at a time. I am having a bitch of a time mating the 90 harness to the 94 harness. I can't get the starter solenoid to spin the starter and or energize the auto engine kill solenoid. If any body has any ideas on how to make this work, I would be really grateful. I'm trying to get this thing trail ready for a get together with a bunch of friends on the Rubicon fathers day week end.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m so sorry for you loss, I couldn’t image what the last year has been for you guys.

I wish I could wiring issue, but I’m not very knowledgeable on the YJs.

Elroy231

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dementia is something that hits close to home for me and my wife as both of our families have been effected by it.
Hope you get the jeep back in action for the trip. Sounds like a great idea.

Graywolf

I have the YJ back together and am ready to fire it off for it break in 20 min 2000rpm run. Just waiting for Summit racing to get me the fuel pump I need to make it run. I payed for 2 day shipping on Wednesday and still not hear. I tried to do the break in run with the fuel pump that was in it for the tbi setup that the 4.2 had. but 30 psi is about half of the pressure a mpi engine needs. Hopefully it will show up to day. I will try to upload a video of the break in run. It did fire off with the 30 psi pump would not stay running.

Graywolf

Still can't get it to run, found a shop in Bose that specializes in fixing wiring problem's but they are so busy that I can't get in till Sept 1 st. So that's the plan so far. When I get it running all I have left to do is put the new ATX bead locks on and take that bitch wheelin. :0)

Graywolf

I almost forgot, I have been working on the suspension and have gotten the wheel base to 105". I'm thinking about going with a 4 link in the rear and stretch it to 115". remove the fuel tank and place a fuel cell and comp cut the back. If that is possible.

Top Bottom