ARB Twin Compressor - Mount in Cargo Area?

MAG00

I am in the process of doing an LS swap and need to relocate my ARB twin compressor. I was thinking about possibly mounting it in the rear cargo area ('13 JKU). I have looked and searched but would like to get some ideas, thoughts, pictures, etc. of rear cargo installs for the ARB twin compressor.

I have looked at the M.O.R.E. and Grab Bars rear mounting brackets. I like how the Grab Bars mount kind of shields the unit a little from the cargo area. If mounting in the rear cargo area, I would like some sort of "shield" to prevent any items from sitting up against it if running it and to prevent anything from damaging connections, etc.

I have also thought about one of the rear molle panels to mount it to. Would like to get some more ideas and/or pictures please.

I know the other option is to mount it under the drivers seat. This may be still an option I look at but was curious about the rear cargo area first.

Much appreciated.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I went with mounting it under the passenger seat, just easier than running everything to the back of the Jeep. I used the innovative JK mount

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Andy5160

Hooked
I went with mounting it under the passenger seat, just easier than running everything to the back of the Jeep. I used the innovative JK mount

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

This is what I went with on a JL
Under the seat is something that just works for me and innovative JK does have a great quality product

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Passenger seat. It raises the seat up about 1/2". There's also room on top of the compressor to store the coiled air hose (thin plastic hose, not a big rubber one). I made a 1 foot whip out of AN-6 synthetic braid line to help with hooking up the hose and keep the heat out of the plastic line.

Jeep - 1 of 1.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Passenger seat. It raises the seat up about 1/2". There's also room on top of the compressor to store the coiled air hose (thin plastic hose, not a big rubber one). I made a 1 foot whip out of AN-6 synthetic braid line to help with hooking up the hose and keep the heat out of the plastic line.

View attachment 358030

The innovative bracket doesn’t raise it up, but there is still room on the side or back to store an air line.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MAG00

View attachment 358030

Which mounting bracket did you use if it raised the seat up about 1/2"?

JKbrick

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm using the M.O.R.E. Bracket. I already had a small locker compressor in there but wanted something more robust.

IMG_1273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom