Jku sway bar options and opinions

Braxtonsag

Iv almost wrapped up swapping in my 05+ SD60 and 14 bolt and am now trying to decide what I want to do as far as sway bars. I really enjoyed the stock rear and disconnected front feel because it’s what I was used to but with my new frame side track bar bracket stock is no longer an option. It’s guaranteed to work with an anti rock but I’m not totally sold on them as far as not being able to be fully disconnected. The rear I believe I’m going to have too much travel for the stock bar so it will need changed out as well.

Would you guys just run front and rear anti rock or try out front only? My only worry is that it would be weird letting the front control the roll of the vehicle instead of the rear. Maybe I’m missing something. What do you guys think?

MericaMade

Iv almost wrapped up swapping in my 05+ SD60 and 14 bolt and am now trying to decide what I want to do as far as sway bars. I really enjoyed the stock rear and disconnected front feel because it’s what I was used to but with my new frame side track bar bracket stock is no longer an option. It’s guaranteed to work with an anti rock but I’m not totally sold on them as far as not being able to be fully disconnected. The rear I believe I’m going to have too much travel for the stock bar so it will need changed out as well.

Would you guys just run front and rear anti rock or try out front only? My only worry is that it would be weird letting the front control the roll of the vehicle instead of the rear. Maybe I’m missing something. What do you guys think?

Depending on you axle width I think a minimum of 70 inch, go take a look at the Genright rear axel bar kit. It's like 30% stiffer over Currie and you only run a rear.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

When I was planning my swap, I had planned on anti-rocks front and rear. Can’t give you any first had information since I didn’t complete it but that was the route I would have gone. Figured I would just take the chance for simplicity sake. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the anti-rocks but nothing that made me stay away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

pvkj454

I used a TMR Customs bracket and trimmed 3/4" off of the vertical surface to the frame rail. My stock sway bar clears the bracket and the pitman arm end slightly touches the drag link bolt at full left turn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom