Easter Jeep Safari

The BAD Influence

-RR4W official statement on EJS 2021-

February 3, 2021

The Red Rock 4 Wheelers have announced the cancellation of the traditional Easter Jeep Safari for 2021. This includes all of the trail rides and other related activities associated with the Safari.
This action has been taken as a result of the State of Utah’s Health order in relation to Covid-19, which at the present time does not allow any group assembly in excess of 250 people. This is the high risk portion of the health order. If the statistics show a downward trend in the spread of Covid-19, the county could move to the moderate level. Under the moderate level, the limit for a group activity is 1000.
Under the Grand County special event permit requirements, the state limits have to be followed.
In a meeting with the Grand County administrator and Grand County Attorney to review the ordinance, it was determined that there was no wiggle room to the limits. Because of the uncertainty of the risk level at Safari time it was determined that the prudent course of action was to cancel the event.
We are making the announcement at this time in order for people to make alternate plans in a timely manner.

Thank you for your support.

KyleMaurer

This is sad news. I’ve been going to EJS since 2001. There is no better place to wake up Easter morning than Moab.
Few thoughts:
Go anyways and meet up with randoms at all the trail heads and social distance.
Save and head to Jeep beach in Florida.
I think there will still be a pretty good crowd that goes and doesn’t participate in the sponsored runs. But sucks there will be no vender show.
If Grand County is denying the permit I wonder if San Juan County would be different.
I don’t know. Just my thoughts on the cancelation of EJS.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
This is sad news. I’ve been going to EJS since 2001. There is no better place to wake up Easter morning than Moab.
Few thoughts:
Go anyways and meet up with randoms at all the trail heads and social distance.
Save and head to Jeep beach in Florida.
I think there will still be a pretty good crowd that goes and doesn’t participate in the sponsored runs. But sucks there will be no vender show.
If Grand County is denying the permit I wonder if San Juan County would be different.
I don’t know. Just my thoughts on the cancelation of EJS.

You can still go to Moab for Easter...they are just not allowing large organized gatherings...I know of quite a few people heading to Moab in March and April, myself included...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can still go to Moab for Easter...they are just not allowing large organized gatherings...I know of quite a few people heading to Moab in March and April, myself included...

Exactly this Ed. I’ll still be heading down as well so for me personally it’s not that big of a deal. Hope to see you there.

bhaner

There is no way I would go there during EJS...

So many people and the trails are seriously crowded.

Literally pick any other time... Except August. 120° sucks. :twocents:

Brute

Hooked

I still enjoy EJS...there are a couple friends that I only see there over the years, and at our age there won’t be that many left to enjoy...

wjtstudios

Hooked

120 wasn’t that bad....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
That does suck. I’ll be out mid-March to wheel and support the good town of Moab!

This totally ruined my day. I love going to EJS every year, even with the crowds it’s good to run in to others I only see during the event. Also, it’s good time to meet others to join on the trail. Now, I’m up in the air about going the traditional EJS week or the week after (kids Spring Break is always the week after). Anybody planning to be there then?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Just saw this:

February 4, 2021 Easter Safari is back on!!
Earlier this afternoon Grand County administrator, Chris Baird and Mike Kelso, President Red Rock 4 Wheelers had a conversation, wherein the county administrator assured the President of RR4W that the county ordinance that was hindering the Easter Jeep Safari event would be amended by the 16th of this month. Which would allow the event to be proceed!*

Sent from my SM-N986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Just saw this:

Earlier this afternoon Grand County administrator, Chris Baird and Mike Kelso, President Red Rock 4 Wheelers had a conversation, wherein the county administrator assured the President of RR4W that the county ordinance that was hindering the Easter Jeep Safari event would be amended by the 16th of this month. Which would allow the event to be proceed!*

Yup, it's back on. Trail Hero was stepping up and doing a fund raiser in Sand Hollow 4/1-3 with proceeds going to off road friendly Moab business to help them out. Wonder if they are still going to do that event?

jeeeep

Hooked
Just saw this:

good news! :thumb:

Top Bottom