New gladiator owner [emoji16]

JACKEDJT

Hello everyone!!! I am a new owner of a 21 gladiator sport. I am starting my build and I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn the traction control / abs and bld off. Its causing us to get stuck in the snow. I thank everyone for the help!!! And excited to be part of the group!! 20210124_123112.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Hello everyone!!! I am a new owner of a 21 gladiator sport. I am starting my build and I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn the traction control / abs and bld off. Its causing us to get stuck in the snow. I thank everyone for the help!!! And excited to be part of the group!! View attachment 359197

Welcome from Indiana, personally I’d forget the switch and move somewhere it doesn’t snow!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hello everyone!!! I am a new owner of a 21 gladiator sport. I am starting my build and I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn the traction control / abs and bld off. Its causing us to get stuck in the snow. I thank everyone for the help!!! And excited to be part of the group!!

Welcome to wayalife. This is your magic button to turn off traction control.

IMG_20210207_083917_7.jpg

IMG_20210207_083948_5.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Hello everyone!!! I am a new owner of a 21 gladiator sport. I am starting my build and I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn the traction control / abs and bld off. Its causing us to get stuck in the snow. I thank everyone for the help!!! And excited to be part of the group!! View attachment 359197

Welcome to WAL. To the best of my knowledge, no one has done the cutoff that you can on the JK's. That one is as simple as installing a switch on one wire under the console. That cuts off all "driving aids". Not sure if its as simple as that for the JL/JT's.

When you are wheeling, are you in 4L or 4H? In 4H those aids never shut off fully as you've probably found out, but even if you're in 4L they can come back on. The only way to defeat it in 4L is to put the shifter in manual mode.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice Gladiator.. On the JK’s you can pull the J6 fuse and it makes Sand/Snow driving a much better experience. I believe the Fuse box is different in the JL.. but there must be one that kills all the abs crap... you gotta look in the manual.

JACKEDJT

Welcome to WAL. To the best of my knowledge, no one has done the cutoff that you can on the JK's. That one is as simple as installing a switch on one wire under the console. That cuts off all "driving aids". Not sure if its as simple as that for the JL/JT's.

When you are wheeling, are you in 4L or 4H? In 4H those aids never shut off fully as you've probably found out, but even if you're in 4L they can come back on. The only way to defeat it in 4L is to put the shifter in manual mode.
I have tried that when your in 4l the bld still kicks on and pretty much stops you in your tracks.

jesse3638

Hooked

I know n my 2012 JK if I'm in 4H and you hold that button for 5 seconds while not moving it'll turn all the ESC stuff off like it does in 4L. Doesn't work in 2H though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to Wayalife from SoCal!

Clean JT! My JK is always trusty when in 4Lo, which as stated before automatically removes all the traction aids.

jdofmemi

Welcome from SoCal.

On the JL, if you hold the traction control button for a time, I count to ten, it cuts it as much as you can get. Also as posted use manual mode. To reduce it.
That helps the power end of the equation, but what I found that would get me stuck in the snow is the ABS not letting me brake the tires to a stop, and they keep digging until you frame out, even with your feet firmly on the brakes.

Try pulling the ABS fuse, but I'm not sure if that throws it into limp mode or not.

I cut the cord on my JK for that reason, but not sure how on the JL/JT

Top Bottom