Power still on after key removal????

Ny in az

When I remove my key the radio stays on as well as the odometer reading stays lit and doesn’t automatically time out. It’s a 2012 sport. Could it be a bad ignition switch?? No other issues on start up

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

When I remove my key the radio stays on as well as the odometer reading stays lit and doesn’t automatically time out. It’s a 2012 sport. Could it be a bad ignition switch?? No other issues on start up

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Does it shut off when you open the door? The switch in the door latch may have went bad

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

Lol! I had a door switch in a super duty go bad once. The old chevys had a little push button in the door jamb by the front fender but I was lost when the Ford broke!

Do the fords put it in another spot?
My jeep started running like that after key removal when we installed the electric fan. Jeep has power till that fan stops spinning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I’m really a retard when it comes to electrical, I just remember the one Super Duty I had the door switch malfunctioned and that’s when I noticed the switch was in the latch and not a little button like before. Jeeps are a whole nother level of electrical genius [emoji23][emoji23], like when my instrument cluster shorted out

Elroy231

I’m really a retard when it comes to electrical, I just remember the one Super Duty I had the door switch malfunctioned and that’s when I noticed the switch was in the latch and not a little button like before. Jeeps are a whole nother level of electrical genius [emoji23][emoji23], like when my instrument cluster shorted out

I know that cluster had you so frustrated. I would have been also.
Matts dad is our electrical wizard. We just stand back and watch him do his thing.
Electrical is not my strong suit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom