Gladiator build

JACKEDJT

I am trying to decide if I want to go to build up my stock axles or go right to dyna trax axles... pros ... cons ... opinion?!?
Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I am trying to decide if I want to go to build up my stock axles or go right to dyna trax axles... pros ... cons ... opinion?!?
Thank you [emoji4]

What's the max tire size you plan on running? Did you get the max tow package? If you did, the axles are the same ones that the Rubicon has (minus lockers). Plenty of guys running 37s on those without issues. I wouldn't spend any money on the factory axles myself if going larger than 37s, I'd upgrade to aftermarket 60s.

JACKEDJT

What's the max tire size you plan on running? Did you get the max tow package? If you did, the axles are the same ones that the Rubicon has (minus lockers). Plenty of guys running 37s on those without issues. I wouldn't spend any money on the factory axles myself if going larger than 37s, I'd upgrade to aftermarket 60s.
I am running a 21 sport s with max tow and have 37s on it now I am planning on going to 42s probably so am trying to weight the pros and cons and prices of building up the stocks or going to the dynatrax 60s

wjtstudios

Hooked
I am running a 21 sport s with max tow and have 37s on it now I am planning on going to 42s probably so am trying to weight the pros and cons and prices of building up the stocks or going to the dynatrax 60s

If your running 40-42”, you will need to upgrade the axles. Building up the stocks will just lead to failure. Look into Dynatrac, Dana UD 60s, or Fusion 4x4. East coast Gear is also over on your side of the country

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Anything over 37s, don't waste time and money on stock axles.

They won't hold up to 42s even if you don't wheel it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, if you're wanting to run 40" tires or bigger and plan on wheeling your Jeep, you're gonna NEED a set of 1-ton axles.

CerOf

Counterpoint: Mel Wade ran the Mint 400 in stock trussed JT axles with stock lockers. Just sayin...

Is this a go fast race? Or a fast rock crawling race?

Seems the shock load from spinning a very large tire up a Boulder strewn trail is different than the stress of a go fast race across unimproved roads/desert?

Would the type of load crawling a Boulder field put an emphasis on larger/stronger things inside an axle housing vs going fast across terrible roads that might place an emphasis on strength of the axle housing itself?

Top Bottom