Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladiator Bed Cage

Gladiator Bed Cage

Any updates on the specs for the Bed Cage y'all are making? I'm particularly interested in finding out the usable height/distance between the bed and the bottom of the top bars on your cab height rack. (Trying to figure out if I could fit an ARB fridge on a slider on top of the Decked bed drawer system...all underneath the bottom of the top cross bars on your rack.)

Thanks.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Any updates on the specs for the Bed Cage y'all are making? I'm particularly interested in finding out the usable height/distance between the bed and the bottom of the top bars on your cab height rack. (Trying to figure out if I could fit an ARB fridge on a slider on top of the Decked bed drawer system...all underneath the bottom of the top cross bars on your rack.)

Thanks.
    Whoa I didn’t even know they were making one! Just went to their site and found this on one of the options... kinda tempting. I had no idea where I was going to mount my spare but if this thing really happens, it wouldn’t be a bad option.

IMG_1270.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    Whoa I didn’t even know they were making one! Just went to their site and found this on one of the options... kinda tempting. I had no idea where I was going to mount my spare but if this thing really happens, it wouldn’t be a bad option.

Same here. No clue. I went to their site as well.

Great......Now I have a new rear bumper on my future list that I didn't know existed, too. I'm blaming Sharkey.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

What's the reasoning of making these cages mid height instead of making the tops of them even with the cab height?
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    What's the reasoning of making these cages mid height instead of making the tops of them even with the cab height?
    I’ve seen a couple that keep the top of the RTT in line with the top of the cab to keep it more streamlined

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I’ve seen a couple that keep the top of the RTT in line with the top of the cab to keep it more streamlined

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.
    Agreed

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Any chance it is close to the height of the cage but because the top is on it seems like a "mid height"? I would think it would look funny if you put the rack on as tall as the roof then pulled the roof. Your rack would be at least a couple inches over the top of the cage. Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I see a lot with RTT's out here. Some stick up and look like ass, some sit reasonably even with the roof, and look well planned, at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Same here. No clue. I went to their site as well.

Great......Now I have a new rear bumper on my future list that I didn't know existed, too. I'm blaming Sharkey.
    Ha! That bumper is already in my excel spreadsheet. (Yes, I make excel spreadsheets to keep track of possible options.)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast