Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Gladiator Bed Cage

  1. #1
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    13,461

    Gladiator Bed Cage

    Any updates on the specs for the Bed Cage y'all are making? I'm particularly interested in finding out the usable height/distance between the bed and the bottom of the top bars on your cab height rack. (Trying to figure out if I could fit an ARB fridge on a slider on top of the Decked bed drawer system...all underneath the bottom of the top cross bars on your rack.)

    Thanks.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing -AINOKEA-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hilo, HI
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Any updates on the specs for the Bed Cage y'all are making? I'm particularly interested in finding out the usable height/distance between the bed and the bottom of the top bars on your cab height rack. (Trying to figure out if I could fit an ARB fridge on a slider on top of the Decked bed drawer system...all underneath the bottom of the top cross bars on your rack.)

    Thanks.
    Whoa I didn’t even know they were making one! Just went to their site and found this on one of the options... kinda tempting. I had no idea where I was going to mount my spare but if this thing really happens, it wouldn’t be a bad option.

    IMG_1270.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  3. #3
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    32,811
    Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    Whoa I didn’t even know they were making one! Just went to their site and found this on one of the options... kinda tempting. I had no idea where I was going to mount my spare but if this thing really happens, it wouldn’t be a bad option.




    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Same here. No clue. I went to their site as well.

    Great......Now I have a new rear bumper on my future list that I didn't know existed, too. I'm blaming Sharkey.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

  4. #4
    Living the WAYALIFE Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    12,717
    What's the reasoning of making these cages mid height instead of making the tops of them even with the cab height?
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

    Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

  5. #5
    Living the WAYALIFE wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    11,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    What's the reasoning of making these cages mid height instead of making the tops of them even with the cab height?
    I’ve seen a couple that keep the top of the RTT in line with the top of the cab to keep it more streamlined


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  6. #6
    Living the WAYALIFE Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    12,717
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I’ve seen a couple that keep the top of the RTT in line with the top of the cab to keep it more streamlined


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

    Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

  7. #7
    Living the WAYALIFE wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    11,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.
    Agreed


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  8. #8
    Nothing but a Thing Bierpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,099
    Any chance it is close to the height of the cage but because the top is on it seems like a "mid height"? I would think it would look funny if you put the rack on as tall as the roof then pulled the roof. Your rack would be at least a couple inches over the top of the cage. Just a thought.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Old Timer jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.
    I see a lot with RTT's out here. Some stick up and look like ass, some sit reasonably even with the roof, and look well planned, at least in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    13,461
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Same here. No clue. I went to their site as well.

    Great......Now I have a new rear bumper on my future list that I didn't know existed, too. I'm blaming Sharkey.
    Ha! That bumper is already in my excel spreadsheet. (Yes, I make excel spreadsheets to keep track of possible options.)


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RH 4x4 Sport Cage vs Evo Chromoly Sport Cage
    By TheGrendel in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-28-2018, 09:25 PM
  2. JKU RH Cage
    By BIG DAWG in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-31-2017, 01:46 AM
  3. EVO cage
    By mojave5 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 03:57 AM
  4. New Genright JKU cage vs EVO full cage?
    By travisk in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 05:30 AM
  5. Cage help
    By robx251 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS