Gladiator Bed Cage

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Any updates on the specs for the Bed Cage y'all are making? I'm particularly interested in finding out the usable height/distance between the bed and the bottom of the top bars on your cab height rack. (Trying to figure out if I could fit an ARB fridge on a slider on top of the Decked bed drawer system...all underneath the bottom of the top cross bars on your rack.)

Thanks.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Any updates on the specs for the Bed Cage y'all are making? I'm particularly interested in finding out the usable height/distance between the bed and the bottom of the top bars on your cab height rack. (Trying to figure out if I could fit an ARB fridge on a slider on top of the Decked bed drawer system...all underneath the bottom of the top cross bars on your rack.)

Thanks.

Whoa I didn’t even know they were making one! Just went to their site and found this on one of the options... kinda tempting. I had no idea where I was going to mount my spare but if this thing really happens, it wouldn’t be a bad option.

IMG_1270.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Whoa I didn’t even know they were making one! Just went to their site and found this on one of the options... kinda tempting. I had no idea where I was going to mount my spare but if this thing really happens, it wouldn’t be a bad option.

Same here. No clue. I went to their site as well.

Great......Now I have a new rear bumper on my future list that I didn't know existed, too. I'm blaming Sharkey.

Ddays

Hooked
What's the reasoning of making these cages mid height instead of making the tops of them even with the cab height?

wjtstudios

Hooked
What's the reasoning of making these cages mid height instead of making the tops of them even with the cab height?

I’ve seen a couple that keep the top of the RTT in line with the top of the cab to keep it more streamlined

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I’ve seen a couple that keep the top of the RTT in line with the top of the cab to keep it more streamlined

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.

Bierpower

Hooked
Any chance it is close to the height of the cage but because the top is on it seems like a "mid height"? I would think it would look funny if you put the rack on as tall as the roof then pulled the roof. Your rack would be at least a couple inches over the top of the cage. Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

I wondered if that was possibly the case but I rarely see guys with the RTT's on the racks.

I see a lot with RTT's out here. Some stick up and look like ass, some sit reasonably even with the roof, and look well planned, at least in my opinion.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Same here. No clue. I went to their site as well.

Great......Now I have a new rear bumper on my future list that I didn't know existed, too. I'm blaming Sharkey.

Ha! That bumper is already in my excel spreadsheet. (Yes, I make excel spreadsheets to keep track of possible options.)

CalSgt

Hooked
Ha! That bumper is already in my excel spreadsheet. (Yes, I make excel spreadsheets to keep track of possible options.)

I have Apple's at home so no excel spreadsheets for me, I make "Notes"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I like the fold up sides on this. But without the pan on the top or in the bed.

IMG_6919.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I like the fold up sides on this. But without the pan on the top or in the bed.

View attachment 359581

Now you're talking! That I really like - the taller sides look great to me as I'm more than likely never gonna use an RTT. I agree on the bed pan but can see where the top pan might come in handy. Those folding sides are sweet.

I like this throwback layout too but more for the tire carrier I think.

armorlite_bedrack_chase5.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Now you're talking! That I really like - the taller sides look great to me as I'm more than likely never gonna use an RTT. I agree on the bed pan but can see where the top pan might come in handy. Those folding sides are sweet.

View attachment 359582

Agreed on all points. I’d like a RTT, but I'd only put it on when I was actually going to use it. So, I think the taller cage would look better most of the time. I’d like to see it body paint matched too because I think it wouldn’t look awful with the top and doors off.

I’d also go without the lights on top.

Last edited:

View attachment 359582

Now that's sweet. It'd be hard for me to pass on the old school style sport bars and lights, but I think for a JT's purpose a full size mid height or cab height rack makes more overlandin' sense, to carry fuel and other necessities while keeping the bed open. So agreed - I'd love the spare in that position but I think the cab height LoD rack Sharkey posted is a better buck spent, definitely without the pans though.

Top Bottom