2012 JK 3.6 P06DD code?

CalSgt

Hooked
From my research apparently this is not uncommon. My Wrangler has about 120k on the clock, and I recently (about 600 miles ago) had the driver's side head replaced under warranty. I'm inclined to think this code is caused by something from the repair, but I'm fairly certain the dealer is not going to take responsibility. Also, I replaced the oil cooler housing about 1.5 years ago with a 2014+ model. I checked and the dealer did use the correct filter when they did the head repair.

I'll probably call the dealer first and see if they have any suggestions. Not expecting much help there.
Depending on how that goes, next I'll reset the check engine light and see if the code goes away.
If the code comes back I'll probably start with an oil change (was just done at the dealer when they did the head so I'm not expecting much there)
Next I'll replace the sensor and then last the oil pump

Is there some way to read the actual oil pressure on a 2012? I've searched, but have not come up with much. I've got an older procal (never even married it to the Jeep), an older scan gauge and a OBD fusion from Amazon.

Thanks

Ummm... Welcome to the forum, maybe go introduce yourself in the "Give us a wave" thread

and B: You posted your issue in the JL thread, I don't think anyone else on the planet with a 2012 JL has the same issue you are having. Perhaps try the JK Wrangler section, I think there may be a few JK owners on here that may have had issues with that CEL code.

Last edited:

99ls1tj

Ummm... Welcome to the forum, maybe go introduce yourself in the "Give us a wave" thread

and B: You posted your issue in the JL thread, I don't think anyone else on the planet with a 2012 JL has the same issue you are having. Perhaps try the JK Wrangler section, I think there may be a few JK owners on here that may have had issues with that CEL code.

Sorry, just noticed that and was in the process of correcting it. Unfortunately now I have 2 threads. :-(

Top Bottom