Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner places near Moab

Dinner places near Moab

We are getting ready for a week long trip to Moab, no one in my group has ever been. We planed on going to a restaurant as a group one night during the trip, does anyone have a recommendation?

Also if anyone knows, I'm curious what the dining regulations look like out there. Our group is 3 kids and 7 adults, i'm not sure if we will be allowed to go to a restaurant in a group that big.

This trip is my refund trip that was cancelled last March when the three counties surrounding Moab banned lodging to all outsiders during the initial COVID panic (i mean pandemic)

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    We are getting ready for a week long trip to Moab, no one in my group has ever been. We planed on going to a restaurant as a group one night during the trip, does anyone have a recommendation?

Also if anyone knows, I'm curious what the dining regulations look like out there. Our group is 3 kids and 7 adults, i'm not sure if we will be allowed to go to a restaurant in a group that big.

This trip is my refund trip that was cancelled last March when the three counties surrounding Moab banned lodging to all outsiders during the initial COVID panic (i mean pandemic)
    I was going to say McStiffs but just went to look at what theyíre doing in regards to COVID and it says theyíre permanently closed. Thatís a bummer. Besides that, Iíve only been to a sushi place there that was pretty decent but I donít remember the name of it. Maybe Bangkok House? We usually rent a place and cook most meals. McStiffs was cool though. Bummer that itís closed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Knows a Thing or Two J&k_overland's Avatar

Dinner places near Moab

We went to McStiffs in August. Food was good but it was definitely not what it used to be Moab Brewery was good the burrito place by Twisted Ieep rentals is awesome. Pasta Jays is great as well.
    We had 5 in our group in August wasnít a issue anywhere we went.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Bertha 03 WJ
    IZZE 01 TJ
    Popeye DD-743 67 CJ5w

McStiffs got sold. The new place there is OK, but not as good.

Pasta Jay's was great, Moab Brewery was good, and Blu Pig is always a hit.

I had good luck as well at a little place called Hidden Cuisine.

I just came through Utah, and where I was the restaurants were open and using common sense rules. Big groups didn't seem to be a problem.

Enjoy, I am looking forward to getting back myself.

Atomic Cafe was good but I think it might be closed now.

Moab and good food don't go together. That place suck ass for food. The best meal I have had up there was Thai Bella Moab and Moab Brewery and that was still a 3 out of 10. I have been to the Blue Pig twice and the the food was shit....just shit.
    Last edited by MericaMade; 02-19-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Been Around the Block Cousin Clyde's Avatar
    Not exactly a sit down dinner suggestion here, but I eat Quesadilla Mobilla a lot when Iím in Moab. Itís a food truck. My wife and I got married on a cliff in Canyonlands and right before the ceremony, I ran and got Quesadilla Mobilla. Pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Clyde View Post
    Not exactly a sit down dinner suggestion here, but I eat Quesadilla Mobilla a lot when Iím in Moab. Itís a food truck. My wife and I got married on a cliff in Canyonlands and right before the ceremony, I ran and got Quesadilla Mobilla. Pretty damn good.

Somehow most food tastes better from a food truck. Same as with camping.

Blu Pig...Broken Oar...Moab Brewery...and if you want a nice meal with a decent bottle of wine, try the Desert Bistro, or the River Grill at the Sorrel River Ranch...but it's $$...unfortunately my favorite restaurant in Moab is closed...Jefferies Steakhouse.

Zax's is good. So is The Spoke on Center - really good burger place. Had a really nice lunch at Glorias Corner Cafe. Moab Brewery as others have said.

We also had very mediocre food from Blu Pig. I stood inside and waited almost a half an hour for food after calling it in the previous half hour prior to getting there. Watching their people firsthand - Nah. Hard pass.
    I'd also stay away from the Sunset Grill. They are waaaaaay overpriced.

I agree - why is food so good off of a truck?
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast