2012 JK 3.6 P06DD code?

99ls1tj

From my research apparently this is not uncommon. My Wrangler has about 120k on the clock, and I recently (about 600 miles ago) had the driver's side head replaced under warranty. I'm inclined to think this code is caused by something from the repair, but I'm fairly certain the dealer is not going to take responsibility. Also, I replaced the oil cooler housing about 1.5 years ago with a 2014+ model. I checked and the dealer did use the correct filter when they did the head repair.

I'll probably call the dealer first and see if they have any suggestions. Not expecting much help there.
Depending on how that goes, next I'll reset the check engine light and see if the code goes away.
If the code comes back I'll probably start with an oil change (was just done at the dealer when they did the head so I'm not expecting much there)
Next I'll replace the sensor and then last the oil pump

Is there some way to read the actual oil pressure on a 2012? I've searched, but have not come up with much. I've got an older flash cal (never even married it to the Jeep), an older scan gauge and a OBD fusion from Amazon.

Thanks

Wethy

P06DD is dual stage oil pump stuck low.
Which means your oil pump will only stay in low.

Def8nitely check your oil level. Its definitely one cause. If theres not enough oil in the sump the pump wont stage up to high.

It could be a few things according to the service manual.

I had it and it was because my motor was burning oil like a mother trucker.
20210208_184021.jpg 20210208_184843.jpg

99ls1tj

P06DD is dual stage oil pump stuck low.
Which means your oil pump will only stay in low.

Def8nitely check your oil level. Its definitely one cause. If theres not enough oil in the sump the pump wont stage up to high.

It could be a few things according to the service manual.

I had it and it was because my motor was burning oil like a mother trucker.
View attachment 359699 View attachment 359701

Thanks for the info. Oil level is good and I don't think it's burning oil. It never did before the head swap anyway.

I really wish there was some way to check the actual oil pressure without adding a manual gauge. I'm going to be trading this soon, so I don't really want to put much into it. Hope the motor does not blow up before I can trade it!!

BobNH

Thanks for the info. Oil level is good and I don't think it's burning oil. It never did before the head swap anyway.

I really wish there was some way to check the actual oil pressure without adding a manual gauge. I'm going to be trading this soon, so I don't really want to put much into it. Hope the motor does not blow up before I can trade it!!
When and what was your last oil change?
I had this code once and I was at about 7k miles since last change of dino oil, level was good. It coded when I was getting on the gas hard to merge onto I-93 here in NH, so much harder than usual. It may have happened another time under similar circumstances, I am a bit fuzzy, but on the same oil.
I changed my oil and have never seen the code since. I also changed to 6k changes and full synth.
Just a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

99ls1tj

When and what was your last oil change?
I had this code once and I was at about 7k miles since last change of dino oil, level was good. It coded when I was getting on the gas hard to merge onto I-93 here in NH, so much harder than usual. It may have happened another time under similar circumstances, I am a bit fuzzy, but on the same oil.
I changed my oil and have never seen the code since. I also changed to 6k changes and full synth.
Just a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Supposedly they changed it when they did the head swap, so about 700 miles and a month or so on the oil. The light just came back on last night.

Top Bottom