Which Jeep JL Wrangler: Help me decide!

Even though I am still in the process of building up my JK, I can't help but think about my next build while progressing through this one. I'll pull the trigger within the next couple years, so I want to make a solid decision.

I love the JT and think it looks badass, but I am just truthfully a die hard Wrangler guy and am convinced the 4 doors have the perfect wheelbase :yup:

I definitely want a Rubicon - with body colored flares, the LED lighting package, tow package, 8.4 inch screen, and the 8 Speed auto.

The only thing I need help deciding is the way it burns fuel. I plan to run 37s initially, (maybe 60s and 40s down the line) and I want to know your guys' thoughts, opinions, and experiences with the JL's powertrain on bigger tires. (Maybe really just the EcoDiesel since everybody's got or had the 3.6, including me) Things such as gear ratio, power, range, what lift you're running, how it compares to the 3.6, 2.0 turbo, etc.

I think the 392 is out of reach price wise for me and I am reeeeeallly leaning towards that diesel. Any input is appreciated! :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Even though I am still in the process of building up my JK, I can't help but think about my next build while progressing through this one. I'll pull the trigger within the next couple years, so I want to make a solid decision.

I love the JT and think it looks badass, but I am just truthfully a die hard Wrangler guy and am convinced the 4 doors have the perfect wheelbase :yup:

I definitely want a Rubicon - with body colored flares, the LED lighting package, tow package, 8.4 inch screen, and the 8 Speed auto.

The only thing I need help deciding is the way it burns fuel. I plan to run 37s initially, (maybe 60s and 40s down the line) and I want to know your guys' thoughts, opinions, and experiences with the JL's powertrain on bigger tires. (Maybe really just the EcoDiesel since everybody's got or had the 3.6, including me) Things such as gear ratio, power, range, what lift you're running, how it compares to the 3.6, 2.0 turbo, etc.

I think the 392 is out of reach price wise for me and I am reeeeeallly leaning towards that diesel. Any input is appreciated! :thumb:

If you haven't already, I would recommend driving all 3 powertrains. I think you'll find them all very impressive compared to the JK.

If you haven't already, I would recommend driving all 3 powertrains. I think you'll find them all very impressive compared to the JK.

Thank you yes, I have driven the 3.6 JL and the 2.0L Turbo, both in a 4-Door. The 3.6L was actually on 40s lol, I may need a fairer comparison as the Turbo was stock. Hoping to hit a dealer to test drive an EcoDiesel soon.

Top Bottom