TPMS and Tire Pressure and Warning Light

dangerruss

I have set my tire pressure warning at 30 lbs. with my flashcal.* Actual tire pressure is 35lbs in all tires.* I installed a new Pioneer radio that connects to the obd port and it also shows all four tires on the ground and the tire pressure to be 35 pounds, but it also shows the tires to be red instead of green.* I have tried removing the battery for 10 minutes... No change...*

Since I am seeing the correct tire pressure on my radio I am assuming the TPMS system is working.* I am beginning to think this is a computer issue.* Anyone else experience this?
Thanks,
​​​​​​​Russell

bmkrinne

I turned my TPMS off with the AEV ProCal and haven’t looked back.

Since your radio is showing 35 psig on all four tires and you have confirmed all are at 35 psig locally at each tire, then I would say your sensors are working correctly. Could it be a setting in the Pioneer menu that is triggering red instead of green?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I turned my TPMS off with the AEV ProCal and haven’t looked back.

Since your radio is showing 35 psig on all four tires and you have confirmed all are at 35 psig locally at each tire, then I would say your sensors are working correctly. Could it be a setting in the Pioneer menu that is triggering red instead of green?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That's my thinking as well. If you are not getting a flashing TPMS signal on your dash, then it was programmed correctly and likely a Pioneer Radio programming setting.

Top Bottom