Jeep throwing codes

Redrubicon1978

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with a 5.5" Teraflex long arm kit, 5:38 gears, and 40" tires. After the gear swap the Jeep started breaking from the abs system at random and the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. It went on for a while and I replaced the wheel spotted sensors. Didn't fix the lights so I pulled the fuses. I had a rear axle bearing replaced and thought that may have been the issue so I put the fuses back in.
The jeep is now in limp mode. I might add that the battery has been draining.(may be part of it may not) The codes are listed in the attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-212250_OBD JScan.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-212250_OBD JScan.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 78
I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with a 5.5" Teraflex long arm kit, 5:38 gears, and 40" tires. After the gear swap the Jeep started breaking from the abs system at random and the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. It went on for a while and I replaced the wheel spotted sensors. Didn't fix the lights so I pulled the fuses. I had a rear axle bearing replaced and thought that may have been the issue so I put the fuses back in.
The jeep is now in limp mode. I might add that the battery has been draining.(may be part of it may not) The codes are listed in the attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to WAYALIFE. Lots going on there. Should stop by the wave section and introduce yourself. Doing so will likely get you some helpful advice from the folks here.

A.J.

Welcome to Wayalife. Might want to introduce yourself. I see you have JScan app. Did you recalibrate for gears and tire size?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Worn unit bearings can cause the problems you describe. I would not be surprised if yours are worn, running 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Redrubicon1978

Welcome to WAYALIFE. Lots going on there. Should stop by the wave section and introduce yourself. Doing so will likely get you some helpful advice from the folks here.

Thank you for the response! I have posted an introduction now and let everyone know about this post. I appreciate the heads up.

Redrubicon1978

Worn unit bearings can cause the problems you describe. I would not be surprised if yours are worn, running 40s.

I will check that out! The issue began once the hearts went in but it was just the lights and the TC would kick in if I was offroad and getting in the throttle. It is in limp mode now, just all of a sudden.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I will check that out! The issue began once the hearts went in but it was just the lights and the TC would kick in if I was offroad and getting in the throttle. It is in limp mode now, just all of a sudden.

Not that it solves the problem, which I agree with the guys above that it’s more than likely a unit bearing and a rear sensor or contractor issue, but I would definitely wire in a abs/tc kill switch. It would more than likely get you out if limp mode and back to your garage. It’s a good insurance idea to get you home

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

A.J.

Not that it solves the problem, which I agree with the guys above that it’s more than likely a unit bearing and a rear sensor or contractor issue, but I would definitely wire in a abs/tc kill switch. It would more than likely get you out if limp mode and back to your garage. It’s a good insurance idea to get you home

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

He can disable with JScan app also. Recently updated the kill switch is at the bottom of the trail view screen. Works great

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
He can disable with JScan app also. Recently updated the kill switch is at the bottom of the trail view screen. Works great

Well, that’s a lot easier than pulling the center console and cutting the purple wire with a light blue stripe next to the purple wire with the dark blue stripe with out screwing it up 🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Well, that’s a lot easier than pulling the center console and cutting the purple wire with a light blue stripe next to the purple wire with the dark blue stripe with out screwing it up 🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It’s more work up front and I did cut the wrong wire first cuz I couldn’t tell the difference between the 2 purple wires, but I’d rather flip a switch than plug in the JScan and start looking thru the app. Personal choice, but good to see there’s 3 options.

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s more work up front and I did cut the wrong wire first cuz I couldn’t tell the difference between the 2 purple wires, but I’d rather flip a switch than plug in the JScan and start looking thru the app. Personal choice, but good to see there’s 3 options.

I do love having the switch on mine, especially in the snow on the trail. It really makes. Big difference in 4 high

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

I feel you. I almost did the switch too but I use the app to watch trans temps and stuff on the trail so it’s already connected. I am stoked the put it at the bottom of the trail view section now. Quick and easy.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
I feel you. I almost did the switch too but I use the app to watch trans temps and stuff on the trail so it’s already connected. I am stoked the put it at the bottom of the trail view section now. Quick and easy.

It’s a nice option for those who can’t or don’t want to install a switch or pull the J6 fuse (least desirable IMO)
If you drive with the JScan on anyway, it’s a tap on your phone. Nice. I like it.

Top Bottom