Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Foot peg/mirrors

  1. #1
    Knows a Thing or Two Speeddmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hill AFB, UT
    Posts
    516

    Foot peg/mirrors

    I've looked for a bit and can't find what what looking for. So has anyone (I'm sure someone has) mad a peg that can slip into the lower door hinge for your foot to rest on? If so was it home made or were you able to find it somewhere online? I have an idea on making one just got to get back from this deployment and get with a friend of mine who has a welder.

    Also I have a stick on mirror on my drivers vent, it's useless... I'd like to use a larger one, just not stock size, much smaller like one from a motorcycle. Please show if you got it! Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing Atch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,505

    Foot peg/mirrors

    Quote Originally Posted by Speeddmn View Post
    I've looked for a bit and can't find what what looking for. So has anyone (I'm sure someone has) mad a peg that can slip into the lower door hinge for your foot to rest on? If so was it home made or were you able to find it somewhere online? I have an idea on making one just got to get back from this deployment and get with a friend of mine who has a welder.

    Also I have a stick on mirror on my drivers vent, it's useless... I'd like to use a larger one, just not stock size, much smaller like one from a motorcycle. Please show if you got it! Thanks!!
    I use a Harley mirror. I put it in the door hinge. It works pretty good but no pics sry.

  3. #3
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,186
    plenty of guys are running harley foot pegs as well as the long stem harley mirrors. the mirrors fit perfectly into the upper hinge mount and fasten with a nut.

    these are the harley black diamond pegs. had em on my bike and they are very nice. have seen them on jk's and they work/look excellent.

    Attachment 21549

  4. #4
    Guy with a Red 2-Door cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    19,066

    Foot peg/mirrors

    I used mirror relocation brackets. Just moved my stock mirrors from the door to the A piller full time that way I can have em off whenever and don't have to worry about carrying around or finding the other ones for the hinge


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES


    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

    2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

    Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

    jlwrangler.com

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block jedg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    331
    How do you like having them located there? Does the door get in the way of viewing the mirrors when the doors are on? Does the mirrors get in the way of the doors opening?

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I used mirror relocation brackets. Just moved my stock mirrors from the door to the A piller full time that way I can have em off whenever and don't have to worry about carrying around or finding the other ones for the hinge


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #6
    Guy with a Red 2-Door cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    19,066
    Quote Originally Posted by jedg View Post
    How do you like having them located there? Does the door get in the way of viewing the mirrors when the doors are on? Does the mirrors get in the way of the doors opening?

    Thanks.
    They don't get in the way when opening the door at all. The strap on the door stops it right before the mirror. The door does block the passenger side one a good amount. I didn't have my passenger one on for a long time so I still pretend like it's not there and just peer over my shoulder. When the door is off I can see both great.

    here is the link from quadratech for the brackets i have.
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_5000.htm

  7. #7
    Been Around the Block jedg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    331
    Thanks for the reply. I'm seriously considering moving mine permanently and trying to configure the wiring to run through the cowl for the power stuff on them.



    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    They don't get in the way when opening the door at all. The strap on the door stops it right before the mirror. The door does block the passenger side one a good amount. I didn't have my passenger one on for a long time so I still pretend like it's not there and just peer over my shoulder. When the door is off I can see both great.

    here is the link from quadratech for the brackets i have.
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_5000.htm

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    14

    Re: Foot peg/mirrors

    Check out the guys at justaddmudoffroad.com as they have both. I have the foot pegs and love them, looking forward to putting them back on my TJ real soon!

    Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Hooked Jeeper714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeddmn View Post
    I've looked for a bit and can't find what what looking for. So has anyone (I'm sure someone has) mad a peg that can slip into the lower door hinge for your foot to rest on? If so was it home made or were you able to find it somewhere online? I have an idea on making one just got to get back from this deployment and get with a friend of mine who has a welder.

    Also I have a stick on mirror on my drivers vent, it's useless... I'd like to use a larger one, just not stock size, much smaller like one from a motorcycle. Please show if you got it! Thanks!!

    I'm running the safari mirrors made by Olympic 4x4 and pegs from http://jeepegs.com/

  10. #10
    Fresh Catch mattdenney07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13
    I just have the stick on blind spot mirrors on my vents as well for now, but I do have some foot pegs. I made them pretty cheap by using some long eye bolts, some fat washers, and some cheap bicycle foot pegs that I got for Walmart. I'll see about getting a couple pics together in the morning when it's light out. Only spent about $25 total for hardware and painted it all with some rustoleum truck bed liner I had lying around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS