Thread: Foot peg/mirrors

Foot peg/mirrors

I've looked for a bit and can't find what what looking for. So has anyone (I'm sure someone has) mad a peg that can slip into the lower door hinge for your foot to rest on? If so was it home made or were you able to find it somewhere online? I have an idea on making one just got to get back from this deployment and get with a friend of mine who has a welder.

Also I have a stick on mirror on my drivers vent, it's useless... I'd like to use a larger one, just not stock size, much smaller like one from a motorcycle. Please show if you got it! Thanks!!

Foot peg/mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddmn View Post
    I've looked for a bit and can't find what what looking for. So has anyone (I'm sure someone has) mad a peg that can slip into the lower door hinge for your foot to rest on? If so was it home made or were you able to find it somewhere online? I have an idea on making one just got to get back from this deployment and get with a friend of mine who has a welder.

Also I have a stick on mirror on my drivers vent, it's useless... I'd like to use a larger one, just not stock size, much smaller like one from a motorcycle. Please show if you got it! Thanks!!
    I use a Harley mirror. I put it in the door hinge. It works pretty good but no pics sry.

Nothing but a Thing
    plenty of guys are running harley foot pegs as well as the long stem harley mirrors. the mirrors fit perfectly into the upper hinge mount and fasten with a nut.

these are the harley black diamond pegs. had em on my bike and they are very nice. have seen them on jk's and they work/look excellent.

Attachment 21549

Foot peg/mirrors

I used mirror relocation brackets. Just moved my stock mirrors from the door to the A piller full time that way I can have em off whenever and don't have to worry about carrying around or finding the other ones for the hinge

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

How do you like having them located there? Does the door get in the way of viewing the mirrors when the doors are on? Does the mirrors get in the way of the doors opening?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I used mirror relocation brackets. Just moved my stock mirrors from the door to the A piller full time that way I can have em off whenever and don't have to worry about carrying around or finding the other ones for the hinge

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jedg View Post
    How do you like having them located there? Does the door get in the way of viewing the mirrors when the doors are on? Does the mirrors get in the way of the doors opening?

Thanks.
    They don't get in the way when opening the door at all. The strap on the door stops it right before the mirror. The door does block the passenger side one a good amount. I didn't have my passenger one on for a long time so I still pretend like it's not there and just peer over my shoulder. When the door is off I can see both great.

here is the link from quadratech for the brackets i have.
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_5000.htm

Thanks for the reply. I'm seriously considering moving mine permanently and trying to configure the wiring to run through the cowl for the power stuff on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    They don't get in the way when opening the door at all. The strap on the door stops it right before the mirror. The door does block the passenger side one a good amount. I didn't have my passenger one on for a long time so I still pretend like it's not there and just peer over my shoulder. When the door is off I can see both great.

here is the link from quadratech for the brackets i have.
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_5000.htm

Fresh Catch

Re: Foot peg/mirrors

Check out the guys at justaddmudoffroad.com as they have both. I have the foot pegs and love them, looking forward to putting them back on my TJ real soon!

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddmn View Post

I'm running the safari mirrors made by Olympic 4x4 and pegs from http://jeepegs.com/

I just have the stick on blind spot mirrors on my vents as well for now, but I do have some foot pegs. I made them pretty cheap by using some long eye bolts, some fat washers, and some cheap bicycle foot pegs that I got for Walmart. I'll see about getting a couple pics together in the morning when it's light out. Only spent about $25 total for hardware and painted it all with some rustoleum truck bed liner I had lying around.