EVO Plush Ride Coils

aaronstephen

I am looking to get EVO Plush Ride coils and have a few questions. First I am wondering how much height I could expect from the 4 inch coil with my aftermarket bumper and winch? Second does anyone have any experience with these sagging over time? Thank you for your help.

Sent from my wayalife app

FoxC

I'm getting 4" inches with a light fr bumper/ winch and no rear bumper with a genright carrier/37". It's a safe estimate to say around 3.5"'s with heavier bumpers fr/r. And, I havnt nor have I heard anyone complain of additional sagging over time. Very happy with mine.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Which coils are you running? Aftermarket bumpers? Winch?

4"

Yes to both.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364700412.148009.jpg
EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger. Warn CTI-S. EVO skins and tire carrier.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364700492.479950.jpg

Same set up, but with LOD signature shorty and tire carrier. Fully loaded in this pic.

suicideking

I'm switching to these 4" coils tomorrow. I have an RK 2.5" max travel and want more lift after moving from 33" to 35". I got a deal on them I couldn't pass up. I'll post my opinion compared to the RK.

From what I've read, these ride really nice on and off road.

aaronstephen

I'm switching to these 4" coils tomorrow. I have an RK 2.5" max travel and want more lift after moving from 33" to 35". I got a deal on them I couldn't pass up. I'll post my opinion compared to the RK.

From what I've read, these ride really nice on and off road.

You get your evo coils on yet? Thoughts?

suicideking

You get your evo coils on yet? Thoughts?

So far so good. I put the springs on Sunday.

After emailing Evo, found out my front shocks are already correct, but rear are too short. I ordered new rear shocks (Bilstein 5100), will be putting them on tomorrow night after work. So probably shouldn't really give an opinion until then. Plus, I'm wheeling some black diamond stuff on Sunday. So the real opinion will be then.

For now, they ride very similar to my RK 2.5" springs. I noticed a little more body roll when going around corners, but figure that is normal. Real smooth on the highway and street. I did get almost exactly 1.5" more height compared to the 2.5" which makes sense. The springs were only installed on the other Jeep for a week. It wasn't his daily driver, so practically brand new. Not even dirt on them. I figure they will settle a bit, especially since they're liner rate (not progressive).

Last edited:

suicideking

Here's what it looked like a couple weeks ago with the 2.5" springs. Note: no top or doors. I'll take pics on Sunday, but will probably have the top and doors on, so will add additional weight.

Attachments

• 1024 3 stone cabin.jpg
    1024 3 stone cabin.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 380
  • calico close1.jpg
    calico close1.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 375

suicideking

I've been driving with them for a week now and wheeled on Sunday. I really like how they handle. I still think they're very similar to how my RK 2.5" coils handled. Handled great while wheeling. I would definitely recommend them! :thumb:

Pic from Sunday. I have more pics that I haven't gotten off of my camera. This is one someone else posted of me. I'll try to post one of the side view later for comparison to the pic above.

Attachments

• Marble Cyn.jpg
    Marble Cyn.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 343

Philip *AZ*

Banned
On this subject. Im running a 3.5" Rock Krawler mid arm w/ Bilstein 5100's. I want to lower the Jeep down just a tad. I was thinking of runnin the Plush ride 3" springs. Do any of you think this would cause any issues? I know I will need to readjust my control arms and stuff, but wanted to hear some opinions before I ordered them.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I am looking to get EVO Plush Ride coils and have a few questions. First I am wondering how much height I could expect from the 4 inch coil with my aftermarket bumper and winch? Second does anyone have any experience with these sagging over time? Thank you for your help.

I've been running the 4" plush coils for just over two years. In my experience the 4" label is very accurate, so you should expect very close to 4 inches of lift. They have not sagged much if any over the years. I have a shrockworks mid-width and warn XD9000 winch. I run a .5 spacer in rear and a 1" spacer up front to help with bumper weight.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Thats good to know they dont sag much. Think Im going to go this route and get the 3" springs.. Thanks for your guy's input!

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

Top Bottom