Steering stabilizers... Which brand do you like?

MobyJR

I'm thinking about going with the Bilstein 5100 HD stabilizer. Who's running the Bilstein and how do you like it? I'm open for suggestions/advice. Thanks guys.

Heholua

I'm thinking about going with the Bilstein 5100 HD stabilizer. Who's running the Bilstein and how do you like it? I'm open for suggestions/advice. Thanks guys.

I'm running the 5100 stabilizer and have no complaints:thumb:

MobyJR

Good. It looks like a nice one. The reason I want a good one is because I'm getting a slight left to right shimmy after hitting bumps in the road. It's far from death wobble, but still quite noticeable and I don't want to damage my front end so I'm thinking of combining this stabilizer with a beefier tie rod and better drag link. But that'll be a little later. I'm not keen on steering but I'm hoping this will be enough of a preventative measure to keep my Jeep riding good and not break anything or get death wobble.

MobyJR

I hope I'm right. I've got a completely stock steering set up as of now. I'm on 305/70's (34's) so I think some strengthening might be in order.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have a shimmy a stabilizer is not the way to go. You need to check everything in your front end. You should be able to drive without a stabilizer and be fine.

Your just going to mask the problem with a stabilizer.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Running without one right now. :thumb:

I'll throw the stock one back on until I get steering assist. I wouldn't bother with any of the after market ones. A lot of people get them and then can't figure out why there jeep pulls to the left. :doh:

MTG

Caught the Bug
That's kind of what I was afraid of. What are some things you'd recommend checking first?

Is your jeep stock or modified?

Are your draglink and trackbar parallel (or close to parallel) to each other?

MobyJR

Is your jeep stock or modified?

Are your draglink and trackbar parallel (or close to parallel) to each other?

Modded, just a 2.5 BB and 35's. ill get under it when it stops pouring outside. Should they be pretty parallel?

Road_king

I'm thinking 125 lbs for the track bar - I'm an old guy - I just get them as tight as I can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JKJoe66

New Fox ATS 2.0 Stabilizer….

I just installed the new Fox ATS stabilizer and I have to say its FKN amazing ………… no joke and adjustable damping is insane. Check it out, night and day from the Bilstein that came with my AEV 3.5" dual sport lift kit.

MobyJR

My stabilizer looks shot, and here are both ends of my drag link. Does any of this look weird to you guys? Looks like it's at a funny angle to me. Or is that just from the 2.5 inches of lift and is it normal? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364846108.468161.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364846121.033347.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364846137.901327.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364846155.981305.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364846171.714903.jpg

Rivertoys

I upgraded from stock to the a Fox shortly after my lift and tire upgrade. What a huge difference it made. The stock unit didn't even feel safe, and with only about 32K miles on it, it was shot.

steering_stab.JPG

Top Bottom