2012 JKUR - Cylinder Head?

Bessie

So yesterday I took my Jeep to the dearlership because of a check engine light. Today, I got the dreaded call from the service adviser. Apparently, I need to replace one of the cylinder heads and it appears to be a known issue with the 3.6L Penstar. The jeep won't be available until next Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at the earliest and I don't know if they will cover a rental. Worst of all, I was suppose to use the Jeep tomorrow to drive to Lake Havasu to pick-up my wife and kids and tow the jeep back behind our motorhome.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So yesterday I took my Jeep to the dearlership because of a check engine light. Today, I got the dreaded call from the service adviser. Apparently, I need to replace one of the cylinder heads and it appears to be a known issue with the 3.6L Penstar. The jeep won't be available until next Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at the earliest and I don't know if they will cover a rental. Worst of all, I was suppose to use the Jeep tomorrow to drive to Lake Havasu to pick-up my wife and kids and tow the jeep back behind our motorhome.

Hang in there, my jeep took 4 days to fix, good thing is it runs a 100% better now:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rebel JK

Wow that really sucks! Sorry guys Im a little behind with my 08, but what is the real issue with these heads? Sounds like the damn ford 6.0 deisel with the blown head gasket issue w the f ing studs pulling out.

StrizzyChris

Wow that really sucks! Sorry guys Im a little behind with my 08, but what is the real issue with these heads?.

The 08's are fine this is a 2012+ 3.6L engine issue. It is said that Chrysler changed the head in late 12/early13 models due to this known issue. Everyone that I have spoke to it has been the #2 cylinder that is a problem. It starts as a mild tick and then slowly gets louder and worse until it throws a code.

Showroom

Brought my 2012 in monday for ticking head(no code yet) dealer wouldn't do anything and said it was a normal sound for the 2.6, they had it for 3 days. I told them BS and i guess Ill wait till the cel comes on and waste my time again to bring it back. With such a well know issue why the games. I walked out on the first dealership that I was going to leave it with when a service coordinator said he'd never heard of that. Typical dealer games:mad:

StrizzyChris

Brought my 2012 in monday for ticking head(no code yet) dealer wouldn't do anything and said it was a normal sound for the 2.6, they had it for 3 days. I told them BS and i guess Ill wait till the cel comes on and waste my time again to bring it back. With such a well know issue why the games. I walked out on the first dealership that I was going to leave it with when a service coordinator said he'd never heard of that. Typical dealer games:mad:

I's standard practice/procedure/protocol that dealerships will perform the swap unless the code is thrown. I think its a way to spread out all the work that they'll have to do over the next couple years replacing all these heads. Even after the code, they will diagnose it, then have you drive it as is until they get the parts in for the repair.

Top Bottom