Cab Cover or Full Cover - Needing Advice

Weather is getting warmer here, soft top going on soon.

I go doorless as much as a I can with good luck not getting wet....late last year had a bit of a scare and got a bit wet.

I'm looking for a cover that I can use with either the top up or down, and doors off.

-Best Top cab cover?
-Smitty buit full cover?
-?
-?

Drive to work and then just cover up for the day, or when you are out and about and you see the black clouds and can't get home in time. (or park under a via duct)

Those that have these types of covers, any advice for my application?

Thanks

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
ill be watching this one as I am looking for the same kind of cover, too nervous about a rain storm while at work and the doors and top being off

woggie

I have the Bestop cab cover and love it. I keep it in the back of the TJ and usually run with the top and doors off most of the spring and summer.

It is easy on and off even solo. I would get a couple of bungee cords to secure it as the straps it comes with don't work great. I was never able to get it back in the bag after the first use so I gave up.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tsamptrail

I love the Bestop! Highly recommended. I use it at night, when I get to work if it is going to rain and whenever needed. Very easy to put on and fold/roll back up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365557094.341510.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365557121.903870.jpg

Thanks for the comments and photos I do like the Best Top trail cover. Can it be used if your soft top is down, or do you have to remove the soft top all together? My preference would be to leave soft top down and use this cover....then still have full soft top available as needed.

Beyrgut

When the doors are off and tops are at home I keep a 10x10 tarp and bungees available for those emergency situations. I have been lucky enough to not need to try it yet but it should work or at least help.

Augichef

I have a raingear jeep jku cover, i bought the cover that said it would only work with the top off. I tried putting the cover on with the soft top down and it fits like a glove.
The nice thing about the cover is that it slides 5-6 inches past the body lip that is used by all other covers. Not to mention it has heavy duty tie downs to secure the cover to just about any point under the jeep.
Only issue I have is that it sags a bit on top but I made a couple of props I set in place over night so that it does not pool any water.
So check out http://www.jeepcovers.com/

Augi
I can post pics if needed.

2010 Silver jku
"Islander"

Last edited:
Top Bottom