Reaching out for help from my fellow off roaders

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I am currently writing a debate paper for one of my classes. I am reaching out to those of you that have been on the many trails and been to the many parks we have available to us. My debate is why these parks and trails need to stay open and available. I have stated some very strong points, but I want to hear some of your views as well since you guys are one of my best sources. I have a few questions I would like you to answer if possible. How are the trails and parks maintained in order to protect the environment and surrounding areas? What kind of impact has there been on the local wildlife in these areas? I know some of the fees go into rebuilding and maintaining these areas, but how do you guys/gals feel about the fees? Are they too high or not high enough? Let me know your views and opinions. Please keep your answers as straight forward and constructive as possible (some critisizm welcome). I don't want to hear about the battles we face against environmentalists, that is an obvious downer for us all. Thank you everyone? I look forward to hearing what you have to say!:thumb::beer::thumb:

LGPow2006

I have a few questions I would like you to answer if possible. How are the trails and parks maintained in order to protect the environment and surrounding areas? What kind of impact has there been on the local wildlife in these areas? I know some of the fees go into rebuilding and maintaining these areas, but how do you guys/gals feel about the fees? Are they too high or not high enough? Let me know your views and opinions. Please keep your answers as straight forward and constructive as possible (some critisizm welcome). I don't want to hear about the battles we face against environmentalists, that is an obvious downer for us all. Thank you everyone? I look forward to hearing what you have to say!:thumb::beer::thumb:

The only fee site I have have used is the Hot Well Dunes Recreation Area outside of Safford Az.

How are the trails and parks maintained in order to protect the environment and surrounding areas? The only trails that are maintained is the access road and parking area around the restrooms, hot tubs and pay station. The trails (primarily quads and dirt bike) are simply carved into the area by the riders.

What kind of impact has there been on the local wildlife in these areas? Still seeing loads of lizards and rabbits on the trails. Around the camp sites there are bull frogs and "kangaroo mice" every now and again you see some water birds (the wet areas are posted against off road traffic)

I know some of the fees go into rebuilding and maintaining these areas, but how do you guys/gals feel about the fees? Are they too high or not high enough? The fees are very fair. It seems that the site is well maintained and improvements with additional restrooms etc. Day use permits for camping etc (to just drive around the area if your Jeep is tagged for highway use then no fee needed)

It seems to me.:twocents: that this site was set aside primarily for quads etc. A large area fenced off from the rest of the desert with lots of sand to encourage use of this area rather than free wheeling across the desert. Great idea IMHO since most people do not Tread Lightly when out in the open desert. There is a police presence as well as ranger presence out there to minimize the "drinking and riding" as well as the super reckless behavior.

I have not used this site since I had a serious quad accident (not at this site) I do NOT intend utilize this site with my Jeep because:

1. The trails etc are littered with quads and side by sides running very fast and drivers who are not expecting to see larger machines.
2. The general perception of the area is a party ride site. Not always the cleanest site (cans, trash etc). This is not an image I want related back to me (or Jeeps)

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Thank you LG! I have never been to an actual off road site or park should I say. I use the BLM lands around here. So I am guessing Moab is free unless there is a scheduled event there?

Tackerdown

Banned
I am currently writing a debate paper for one of my classes. I am reaching out to those of you that have been on the many trails and been to the many parks we have available to us. My debate is why these parks and trails need to stay open and available. I have stated some very strong points, but I want to hear some of your views as well since you guys are one of my best sources. I have a few questions I would like you to answer if possible. What kind of impact has there been on the local wildlife in these areas? I know some of the fees go into rebuilding and maintaining these areas, but how do you guys/gals feel about the fees? Are they too high or not high enough? Let me know your views and opinions. Please keep your answers as straight forward and constructive as possible (some critisizm welcome). I don't want to hear about the battles we face against environmentalists, that is an obvious downer for us all. Thank you everyone? I look forward to hearing what you have to say!:thumb::beer::thumb:
How are the trails and parks maintained in order to protect the environment and surrounding areas?

​They are specific trails and you are not allowed to bushwhack so the surrounding area does not get affected.The only thing i see them do is keep the trail edges maintained.
What kind of impact has there been on the local wildlife in these areas?
None I see birds,deer,frogs,and every other kind of wild life while we are wheeling.
I know some of the fees go into rebuilding and maintaining these areas, but how do you guys/gals feel about the fees?
I'm alright with it I think I pay 45$ for the day with one passenger. thats allot cheaper than a fine that I would get If I didn't have a leagle place to ride. plus they have air compressors to fill up your tires.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Tackerdown, With some of the trails and such that you have been to, what happens if someone is seen out there making their own path through the area? I am sure I would say something to them, I use BLM land and if people are out there being stupid they will simply close the land to public use.

Tackerdown

Banned
Rausch creek is off road park. they have areas for dirt bikes hunting ( which I think they shut down for ) and 4x4's and I havent seen anyone go off course yet. they do have staff that go out and I'm sure they monitor radios as well but for the most part its up to the wheelers to help keep everyone in check. I believe if your caught you loose your pass to go out.

LGPow2006

We used that site for group camping and riding when I had quads. We are pretty lucky with the vast amount of BLM land out here. North of me in Greenlee county there have been many trails closed to motorized traffic. I have not run into an closed signs until I ventured into private or forest service roads. Kind of nice to not have to pay to use the Jeep

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Yep, I love all the BLM land around here too. So many places to go and so much to see. Its awesome!

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

FrankenJeeper

I am currently writing a debate paper for one of my classes. I am reaching out to those of you that have been on the many trails and been to the many parks we have available to us. My debate is why these parks and trails need to stay open and available. I have stated some very strong points, but I want to hear some of your views as well since you guys are one of my best sources. I have a few questions I would like you to answer if possible. How are the trails and parks maintained in order to protect the environment and surrounding areas? What kind of impact has there been on the local wildlife in these areas? I know some of the fees go into rebuilding and maintaining these areas, but how do you guys/gals feel about the fees? Are they too high or not high enough? Let me know your views and opinions. Please keep your answers as straight forward and constructive as possible (some critisizm welcome). I don't want to hear about the battles we face against environmentalists, that is an obvious downer for us all. Thank you everyone? I look forward to hearing what you have to say!:thumb::beer::thumb:

Choccolocco Mountain ORV is right up the road from me. Their fees are very reasonable at $25 a vehicle plus $5 per passenger. Their trails are well marked so you stay on the correct trail. They have a few cameras here and there to review if someone vandalized the property. They have clean camping and restroom facilities. They have air compressors to air up with. The wildlife in the area doesn't seem to be affected, there are birds, squirrels, rabbits and deer everywhere. The town of Jacksonville where the park is located seems to be in full support of the park, they advertise events and as far as I know appreciate the extra business of offroaders visiting the area.

I hope this helps with your paper

Jon

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom