Tire balancing beads?

Shinedepotjk

Anyone running them? Good? Bad? Getting tired of needing to get my tires balanced every time I've been out wheeling? I either lose a weight or when I'm in the snow and air down a lot I spin the rim in the tire. Sorry if this has been asked before but thanks for any help.

Skid_Kid

I had them on my F350. I do not recommend them for wheeling and airing down at all! Great for road use, not so much for off road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mikes Offroad

I had it done to a tune of $25 per tire and it's great til you hit around 65kmh. then she starts to shake, when I went back to the tire place they told me that I need to play with the tire pressure to get rid of the shake. I run around 25psi on the street with my 37" MTZ's. At this pressure the shimmy is the least amount any higher and it gets bad. I am going back in next week to see what can be done. The reason I went to beads is that on my last jeep I actual turned the tire on the rim and everytime I ripped a chunk out it screwed up the balance. As of right now not to impressed.

jeepgreenjon

Tried them in around 10 vehicles, put them in a land cruiser that had a 6" lift and 35's... worked fine for a few weeks but the truck developed a serious tire imbalance in two of the four tires. Soon after that a few of the other vehicles our shop had tried them in came back with balance issues. The only ones that it didnt effect were the 1 ton dulleys and a few 3/4 ton pick ups. Unless they are designed differently now I wouldnt recommend them. Fine on super heavy vehicles, however that land cruiser with its diesel engine I figured should have been fine because it wasnt light! just my :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone running them? Good? Bad? Getting tired of needing to get my tires balanced every time I've been out wheeling? I either lose a weight or when I'm in the snow and air down a lot I spin the rim in the tire. Sorry if this has been asked before but thanks for any help.

Snake oil. I wouldn't waste your money on them. The next time you get your tires balanced, try getting it done with tape on weights.

jeepgreenjon

Snake oil. I wouldn't waste your money on them. The next time you get your tires balanced, try getting it done with tape on weights.

I second that, I ended up using tape on weights and adding super glue to the adhesive on the tape on weights... will never come off when you dont want them to, even holds up on my drag car at ridiculous speeds!

Top Bottom