Mirror Lights and relocation bracket build

jeepgreenjon

Hello Everyone!:standing wave: I decided to finally post some pictures of my mirror relocation brackets which have now also evolved into off road light holders as well! First off I started with some rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets, which deem your passenger side mirror absolutely useless due to the door pillar. Being I destroyed my factory brackets removing my mirrors I had to make due with what I had so I decided to add 2 inches to the relocation bracket. The first and second picture are in the wrong order, but you get the just of it! :blush:
IMAG0121.jpg IMAG0120.jpg IMAG0124.jpg IMAG0127.jpg IMAG0128.jpg

So I drove around for a few weeks like that and after browsing around a local princess automotive and finding some 4" helix lights for next to nothing I had an idea and today decided to try my idea, with some pretty awesome results! I have details on how I did everything but its all very self explanatory

IMAG0150.jpg IMAG0151.jpg IMAG0154.jpg IMAG0155.jpg IMAG0156.jpg

Last edited:

jeepgreenjon

As you can see in the last picture I had some paint issues, so I ended up wire wheeling off all the paint and repainting both brackets, Ill post new pictures of the finished product shortly... Let me know what you think!

jeepgreenjon

Thank you! Being on a major budget right now (saving for tires) and still having the itch to modify has left me trying to find cheap and easy ways to keep modifying. Cut my front and rear bumpers and fenders easter weekend, the budget boost is in, I just really really need my 35's!

RockyJk

Thank you! Being on a major budget right now (saving for tires) and still having the itch to modify has left me trying to find cheap and easy ways to keep modifying. Cut my front and rear bumpers and fenders easter weekend, the budget boost is in, I just really really need my 35's!

Lol I know what u mean I'm trying to save for the evo sliders and skins and don't really wanna spend cash on anything else it sucks haha!

jeepgreenjon

Lol I know what u mean I'm trying to save for the evo sliders and skins and don't really wanna spend cash on anything else it sucks haha!

I havent even brought up the idea of sliders and skins to my wife yet...:eek: waiting a few months so she doesnt freak!

jeepgreenjon

May be common knowledge to everyone but you cannot tie your offroad lights into you high beam circuit because Jeep uses the high beam circuit as its day time running lights... I found this out today after multiple cars flashed me on the highway for having my windshield lights on. OOPS! :doh:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Just to qualify this, it probably depends on your model year. I have an 07 with my bumper lights wired to my high beams with no issue.

jeepgreenjon

It may also be by location, I know alot of states do not require day time running lights. Alot of built for American sale vehicles do not have DRL's and they have to be added when brought into Canada.

Top Bottom