Help Help Help! Need some WOL Support

Mallard8767

Soo...

I purchased an 08 wrangler unlimited X about 5 months ago. It came with a factory rear locker and edisco but other than that was pretty stock. It seemed like the perfect "starter" JKU. However, after driving it for a few months the less than zippy engine began to bother me, hearing it lug going up a mid-sized hill (even with 3.73's and a manual) wasn't confidence inspiring.

To make a long and stressful story short, I just traded in my 08 JKU for a 2013 JKUR in Billet with Hard Top, Max Tow and Connectivity options. :rock:

Obviously this added a bit to my loan amount so really I'm just looking for some WOL votes of confidence to get me through until I take delivery on Monday/Tuesday.

Pics and a build thread to come.

Thanks,
Jonathan

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You'll love the new motor!! It has way more power and the interiors are nicer too. And billet is a sweet color! Congrats on the new purchase!

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
We have all done crazy things before, but this is not all too crazy. I look at it like this; if you are making payments anyway, you should be paying for what you truly want. You will be happy with your decision and have a new Jeep (not a 5 year old Jeep) as your reward for the payments. :thumb:

Skid_Kid

Don't worry buddy. I did the same thing with my 2011 for a 2013! It was night and day to me with the new motor and auto xmsn. My :twocents: is you made a good choice! :clap2:

Skinner

Congrats!

Don't worry about only trading in after 5 months. I did it after 6 weeks of owning a 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie that was fully loaded. The damn things rear breaks just kept grabbing for no reason even after having them all changed. So 3 weeks ago I took it to another dealer and walked out with a '13 JKUR in Black.

I hope you enjoy your keep as much as I'm enjoying mine!

SquareLJ

I had bought a used '02 Escape, got tired of the crappy AWD, went to a JK-Forum event, then set out to find a Jeep. After less than a year of owning the Escape, I bought an '05 LJ. You'll be fine, once you take ownership of it, your worries about the change will fade away.

Mallard8767

Thanks all!

I read the build sheet for the Rubicon ~100 times last night and to my surprise it didn't change after the first time I read it. :eek: This thing is configured exactly how I would want it. :thumb:

~2 days and counting....

Jonathan

Dave_g

Last November I was in the same pickle, do I buy an older JK and get more mods more often, or pay a bit more a month and get mods less often... Bought the 2013 and never looked back, love my baby.

StrizzyChris

Had the same problem! I had a paid of 07....but that motor made me want to rip the steering wheel off the dash up every interstate mountain or long grade. You won't regret your decision to go '13!

Also I had the old metallic silver, and after seeing Franks billet, the new silver is much nicer IMHO! Enjoy being part of the 3.6 club :thumb:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

jeepgreenjon

Being in the same boat last summer, having trouble deciding between a new 3.6 or an mint condition 08 I chose the 08, a year later and adding at least 1.5L of oil every 800km Im really kicking myself not getting the 3.6L- You wont have any regrets!

Brankz

We have all done crazy things before, but this is not all too crazy. I look at it like this; if you are making payments anyway, you should be paying for what you truly want. You will be happy with your decision and have a new Jeep (not a 5 year old Jeep) as your reward for the payments. :thumb:

Aye I have a 2008 :(

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Last November I was in the same pickle, do I buy an older JK and get more mods more often, or pay a bit more a month and get mods less often... Bought the 2013 and never looked back, love my baby.

Bought a 2012 and haven't looked back either! There are dozens more like us on this forum.:yup:

Tackerdown

Banned
Congrats. I traded a zippy little sports car for an 2011 jkur and even with the 3.8 I'm happy as can be. I guess it kinda sucks on road but off its just fine.

Mallard8767

Thanks all for the "encouragement"...

Thankfully, I picked up the Rubi today so I don't need it any more :D ... now I know I made the right decision.

If I can use my phone right there should be some pics to prove it!

1366092251306.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom