Body Damage: How does one go about fixing this....

kRay.JK

Had a run in with a root over the weekend. What's that, you ask? You want to see it? Well...ok, here go you - Link

So how do I go about fixing this? It's in the most odd of places.

Ca4BT5d.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For something that small, I would leave well enough alone and just paint over it. If you still want to get it fixed, I would just use a slide hammer to level it out and patch it up with bondo. The only other way to get it fixed is to buy a brand new body panel, section it off and have it welded on - ask me how I know. :crazyeyes:

kRay.JK

How do you know? :brows:

Best place to get our paint codes matched? I remember reading somewhere only one company does it. I have a buddy who can blast it down and spray it for me. Wasn't sure if it was an easy repair or not. I just really dont want rust to get in there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do you know? :brows:

Best place to get our paint codes matched? I remember reading somewhere only one company does it. I have a buddy who can blast it down and spray it for me. Wasn't sure if it was an easy repair or not. I just really dont want rust to get in there.

This video will show you when and how it happened...

We got it fixed soon after and it cost about what Mel said it would in the video :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For something that small, I would leave well enough alone and just paint over it. If you still want to get it fixed, I would just use a slide hammer to level it out and patch it up with bondo. The only other way to get it fixed is to buy a brand new body panel, section it off and have it welded on - ask me how I know. :crazyeyes:

:yup: I would sand it and paint it. Leave the dent, it won't be your last. ;)

kRay.JK

This video will show you when and how it happened...

We got it fixed soon after and it cost about what Mel said it would in the video :crazyeyes:

The first thing I did was get the hammer out so my door would open.
Your carnage stemmed from 100x more epic-ness though. :rock: Awesome video! Thanks for sharing in my pain.

Tranquillity

I like your style.

Sadly, no. I thought it might but looked up a few different types and none go that high.

Well there could be smittybilt, I think they give an awesome look. I don't know about the quality of the product. Or if it is really worth it for you.

xrc-armor-jk-corner-guards-profile.jpg

kRay.JK

That's quite extreme! Not sure I'm ready for that. I do like the look though. Considering we just bought it last month I'm not sure i'm allowed to go ripping and bolting in new body panels just yet.
A little dent tattoo never bothered me anyway :D

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
After watching the Big Yellow Oopsie and the Carnage footage from the 2011 JKX it strikes me the injury is in a place where you can't easily see it coming and it happened fast! Ouch!! Good luck with the repair.:shock:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
i have a dent very similar just a few inches higher. It happened on last years Rubicon Run coming down the big slouce. I haven't touched it yet, but plan to sand it and hit it with Rustolium paint. No big deal. I now have the armor but you are right, it would not have helped with this one.

Top Bottom