Which/Best Gear Brand Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They are all pretty much the same gear, just boxed up in different packaging. Don't believe me, just take any gear and look for the circle logo with the K in it. That's the logo for Cha, a South Korean manufacturer and just about every gear I have ever seen has it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They are all pretty much the same gear, just boxed up in different packaging. Don't believe me, just take any gear and look for the circle logo with the K in it. That's the logo for Cha, a South Korean manufacturer and just about every gear I have ever seen has it.

wow thats interesting that only one company makes the gears. tons of companys selling at different prices for the exact same product

Rivertoys

wow thats interesting that only one company makes the gears. tons of companys selling at different prices for the exact same product

I see the same thing in HID lights. I have seen the same units under several names with vast price differences.

aaronstephen

Well that's helpful. So just look for the best price, eh?

xflstl

This happens with an amazing amount of items. From food products to car parts and so on... Ya really wanna cry you guys with 1k+ winch's tear them apart and you will see 90% the same parts as a 280.00 winch. I have been at a dairy and watched milk from the same batch/vat get put into generic container's as well as (Select) container's. Then seen them at the store for .40 cent difference. :thinking:

Beyrgut

Gasoline is the same way, all go through same pipeline across country and additives added once extracted before going out to pumps.

Re-Gearing time: Best Companies for Ring/Pinion??

It's time for me to begin the search. What are the companies I should be considering for purchasing gears?? Currently I have 3.21 but wanna move to 4.88(or 5.38). Any suggestions?

t 3.JPG

take it to ORE (Off Road Evolution) $999 front and rear installed! and I would go no bigger than 4.88 with your current set up but with a 3.6l I think that with 35s that you can get away with 4.56s... same price, you just want to do it once though.

Last edited:

Philip *AZ*

Banned

This is what I have read by multiple different people and many different forums. Im sure people have their preferences as well. I have talked to a couple different vendors as well, they state the same thing.

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is what I have read by multiple different people and many different forums. Im sure people have their preferences as well. I have talked to a couple different vendors as well, they state the same thing.

Well, it's all true, I have seen it for myself. Get any gear sold by whatever brand, open up the box and look for yourself. :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
I asked the vendor that supplied the gears for my swap, here is the response:

Most of the JK Gears are made in an OEM manufacturing facility in Korea that produces some of the best ring & pinions in the world and even makes gears for new Dana applications. There are actually not any JK gears currently produced in the USA, so if you are told otherwise by someone, beware. We try to do as much of our product line in the US as possible, but there are just not many factorys (none) in the US for aftermarket gears.

ghostjk

I got my 513 ring and pinion, and master overhaul kit from Northridge4x4(Yukon gears). Think it was about the best price I found when you take into account the shipping is free on anything over 100 dollars.

But, I had one problem. My freaking overhaul kit had the wrong pinion seal. So I call Dave at NORTHRIDGE and he gives me the phone number to customer service in Chicago who apparently puts these kits together. He says that he never had this happen before and he will ship me one for free. But, I didn't wanna wait for it to come in the mail, so I paid 30 bucks I think for a pinion seal that I shouldn't have had to pay for. But accidents happen, and Dave, and the other guy I talked too really would have fixed the problem if I coulda waited so I gotta give em props for good customer service. It was probably just a freak thing anyway. I'd still buy from them again.

Philip *AZ*

Banned

The guys at Northridge 4x4 are top notch. Excellent customer service.. Quadratec has great service to along with EVO. Not one time have I called either of these companies and got off the phone wondering if my question was really answered.

Top Bottom