Witch is best trektop classic or nx ?

Briguy114

If you are debating between the Supertop and the Trektop it comes down to what kind of look are you going for? The Supertop will give a stock look as it is the same bow setup as the OEM top. The Trektop will give you the "fastback" look

flotto

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using WAYALIFE mobile app

if you're talking the difference between the newer and older trektop. the newer one is better by far. more flexibility. turns into a bikini top in seconds, has sunrider feature. the rear window bar is like the OEM soft tops instead of one piece like the original trektop.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Hands down! I've owned every version of the Trektop made and the NX is without question, the best version yet.

^^^ This

Any top you buy from Best Top should have a NX after it. I accidentally purchased the Super Top (square back) and was very disappointed. It was not like the factory top. :mad:

O well...:beer:

phenyx

I know that nx is more usable but i Want to get rid of all the fixture and hardware im more a topless Guy ! Think i found My answer thx

phenyx

But for the back Window cam i tale ma factory bow with the classic ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Without question drop the idea of bestop altogether and get a ORH combo top. http://www.offroadheros.com/ Its a lot of $$ but well worth it IMO.

Honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. I have seen the ORH top and there's no comparison. The Trektop NX is as nice as a factory soft top, comes with factory like door surrounds, can be opened up like a factory sunrider, comes with support bows to ensure a tight quite fit and one that doesn't allow water to pool up and can be converted into a bikini top.

xflstl

Honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. I have seen the ORH top and there's no comparison. The Trektop NX is as nice as a factory soft top.

I agree to disagree with you :beer: Your point above is exactly why the ORH top is better, its nothing like the factory soft top... :bleh: Even the newer (improved) factory tops are junk. The ORH top to my limited exp doesn't pool water, is more versatile , and 1000x more simple to put on and or remove. It doesn't have the bulky pain in the arse door surrounds. The only drawback to the top is that to take it off there are 3 separate parts to remove. However that's also it's best asset, with 3 separate sections it is easy to use it in many ways. Only cover the front 2 seat, or only the rear seats, so on and so forth. Not to mention it's damn sexy!!!!!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree to disagree with you :beer: Your point above is exactly why the ORH top is better, its nothing like the factory soft top... :bleh: Even the newer (improved) factory tops are junk.

Clearly, to each their own. I love the new factory tops and so does just about everyone else I know who has one. The Trektop NX is a lot like them and that's what makes them so cool to me. I have seen the ORH top and think it's junk and looks kinda gay but, that's just my opinion. :crazyeyes:

xflstl

Clearly, to each their own. I love the new factory tops and so does just about everyone else I know who has one. The Trektop NX is a lot like them and that's what makes them so cool to me. I have seen the ORH top and think it's junk and looks kinda gay but, that's just my opinion. :crazyeyes:

Agreed to each there own. Your the 1st person I have heard that doesn't like the looks of them. When the fastback part is on it looks pretty much identical to the Trektop, at least from a distance. The cargo top kind of has a look of it's own.

Kapone

Do we still have a good contact for sales on the Trektop? I seem to remember a couple years ago there was a sales rep with a great price on the trektop back on JK Forum.
Where can I get the best deal?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed to each there own. Your the 1st person I have heard that doesn't like the looks of them. When the fastback part is on it looks pretty much identical to the Trektop, at least from a distance. The cargo top kind of has a look of it's own.

The newer version is better but to me, the top just sits a little too flat and has funny lines. I also don't like the fact that they don't have rain gutters and personally find the ability to remove just the front or rear to be unnecessary and more of a chore to do. The Trektop utilizes the same cable top function as the newer factory tops and to open up, all you have to do is unclamp them from the windshield and fold it back. As far as the cargo top goes, I personally don't get the purpose of it but again, that's just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do we still have a good contact for sales on the Trektop? I seem to remember a couple years ago there was a sales rep with a great price on the trektop back on JK Forum.
Where can I get the best deal?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry, no specific contact here but, I did by my last Trektop from Brian, he is the 4WDHardware rep on this forum and he typically matchs or beats any price you can find.

Top Bottom