Anybody else into RC rock crawling ?

1BAMFR

I'm really into it w/ my kids....we have about 6 crawlers and a few 60+mph stuff...anybody else into the scene?

IMG_20130424_133842_351_zpsf711b8fe.jpg

IMG_20130424_134105_869_zpsa2f6f20e.jpg

Badd Andy

Been into R/Cs for over 25 yrs, mostly monster trucks but have just got into crawlers in the last 5 yrs, picked up an Axial Jeep Wrangler a few mos back, just waitin for the snow to melt to bash em in the backyard

NHAkita

I have been looking at this for a while but haven't jumped yet. What is a good starter rc truck?

Thanks,
Paul

Rivertoys

I won an Axile AX10 Ridgecrest crawler at that Azusa Off-Road Family day. I always wanted one but probably would of never spent the money. It's a lot of fun though!!!

Going to have to spend money on upgrades now though... LOL...

1BAMFR

Been into R/Cs for over 25 yrs, mostly monster trucks but have just got into crawlers in the last 5 yrs, picked up an Axial Jeep Wrangler a few mos back, just waitin for the snow to melt to bash em in the backyard

Very cool! Post some pics of your stuff.

1BAMFR

I have been looking at this for a while but haven't jumped yet. What is a good starter rc truck?

Thanks,
Paul

It kinda depends what you want to do...they have "scale" crawlers which they will act like a real vehicle on the rocks.

Or you can do a 1/16 scale or 1/8 scale crawler...my best crawler is the Losi Night Crawler. Its amazing and is only 299. Plus your battery. Never breaks and can crawl!

I buy the RTR stuff....(ready to run)...I really dont have the time anymore to buy kits and build them.

Look into the Axial Jeep rubicon as well.

DJCFHB

I got into rc about a year ago. I have a crawler, a short course basher, and a drifter. Got into it because my girlfriends son did, he forgot about them and im still playing with them. My crawler is an axial wraith modded out.

Xirtic

Yes....I even had the lucky chance to compete at the RCCrawler Nationals last fall in Alabama. (I did not do so well...but had a GREAT time). I have been involved with the local RC Rock Crawling club here in NE Illinois for about 6 years. It really is a fun time. Our next local comp is on 5/11/2013.

http://scrcrawlers.com/wp/event-schedule/

IMG_2642c.jpg

Last edited:

FeltsYouUp

Am I the only one that gets fooled by these things on youtube? I've seen several really well done videos of these RC jeeps and FJs with music instead of the electric motor sound, and I don't even realize that they're scale models!!! It drives me nutz, but they are very nice. That being said, I see myself getting into RC planes or helos before I get one of these.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That is way cool. The detail on that JK! If you don't mind, what exactly is that thing (brand, model etc)? I could definitely see myself getting into that! Great pics!

newtdog

Me and my boy are into the rc scene. We've got these two. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367027552.416091.jpg

Traxxas rustler and losi night crawler!

Last edited:

TheDuff

1367030914509.jpg 1367030972217.jpg
1367031034766.jpg 1367031060582.jpg I have an scx10 with JK and XJ bodies I painted, 1 for each wheel base option:D
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1367031113988.jpg
    1367031113988.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 1367031145873.jpg
    1367031145873.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 660

rtguy1

I used to love this stuff. I had to give up a hobby though...lol. It gets expensive real quick. We had a pretty serious track setup at one point with a good variety of obstacles.

billybob990

Where can I buy one of these of good quality, I've always wanted to get into rc cars and this just tipped the scale. I know nothing about them and don't want to buy junk.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

RPPHobby.com is one of the best places to buy on the web. They have the best customer service around, and lots of parts for crawlers.

I have a few.... dozen rigs myself.... :)

My Axial SCX10 JKUR with currie axles, OMF Wheels, and a ton of other mods.
null-31.jpg

null-30.jpg

null-38.jpg

null-39.jpg

null-37.jpg

Axial Wraith
ad738388.jpg

6452b75c.jpg

0b93720a.jpg

other JKUR's the red one was built from the ground up.
68aec0f1.jpg

e440214a.jpg

e38eb671.jpg

JK10.jpg

JK1.jpg

JK14.jpg

JK3.jpg

JK7.jpg

2 door JKR
0417e47d.jpg

3ed902a0.jpg

0c5ab416.jpg

Ldogg

Where can I buy one of these of good quality, I've always wanted to get into rc cars and this just tipped the scale. I know nothing about them and don't want to buy junk.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Axial Racing is the leader in the industry http://axialracing.com/. they sell the grey JUKR in my previous post as an RTR(ready to Run) and all you need is batteries. you won't get the axles, winch, rack, wheels, and lightbar, those are extras I added. But out of the box their rig is pretty sweet, and then you can add to it. They also have a poision spyder wraith that was just released and looks awesome.

product_jeep_poison_spyder_rtr_kit_page_950x450.jpg

you can do tons of mods to these things and make them as scale as you want. you can see that all of my rigs are pretty damn scale, and those winches work.. :)

Top Bottom