Evo C/O Setup question

Beyrgut

So in phase 1 of my build I am putting in some RC 2.5 coils(still in the box), which I am already having doubts about due to the weight I will be adding with the ACE front/rear bumpers. My budget for phase 2 which includes a proper suspension lift isn't set in stone yet so I am looking at the RK 3.5 max travel w/Fox or Elka shocks and the Evo C/O setup. The question is, coming from a spring only upgrade (no arms) will I need to and if so what type of control arms should I be shopping for mid or long arm? The RK setup comes with the arms but it doesn't look like the EVO setup does. In the end I am looking for about a 3" lift with all the added weight of the front and rear bumpers, sliders, and Warn Powerplant.

I was going to put off the EVO C/O setup to the optional phase 3 but getting an idea of what it requires has me at least considering the requirements so I don't buy twice so to speak. The option and unlikey phase 3 would be 37-40" tires and pro-rock 60 front and rear but by then the new model Wrangler would be available and would change everything I am sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a reason why you're planning so many phases? Might make more sense just to save up a bit more and just do it once with a possible few minor upgrades? Unless you're planning on running your Jeep hard down desert washes or need big flex, coil overs may not be what you need. A good kit like the EVO Enforcer might be all that you really need. As far as shocks go, I wouldn't recommend Elka's. I've run them and was never happy with them - way to stiff.

Beyrgut

Yeah the thought is just do it once but I am finding that each upgrade has optimal requirements. So if I can determine my end game build and add the optimal parts in phases it allows me to tinker (best part) and not spend too much. The coilovers are really just overkill and optional but if I go that route I would like to have the basics in place.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the thought is just do it once but I am finding that each upgrade has optimal requirements. So if I can determine my end game build and add the optimal parts in phases it allows me to tinker (best part) and not spend too much. The coilovers are really just overkill and optional but if I go that route I would like to have the basics in place.

I think what you should do is figure out a realistic tire size you hope to run for a while and work around it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You can run the bolt-on coilovers with factory arms save for the front lowers (e.g. piginajeep).

I'd probably run the enforcer kit with inexpensive shocks for now (or something similar), then upgrade later if you feel the need to the bolt-on coilovers. You can sell your plush ride coils to offset the cost and will not need to buy any control arms. :thumb:

In my opinion the enforcer kit is great (I am running the King 2.5" shocks) and I don't feel any pressure to "upgrade" the the bolt-ons." Now the DTD/EVO lever is a whole 'nother story. :cheesy:

Beyrgut

As of right now its 35s, either Nitto TGs or MGs but leaning toward the TGs. Anything bigger than a 35 is at least two years out but if I can can afford to overkill it now in preparation I don't mind doing so. For most of what we have here in FL, 35s are probably overkill but I like to travel and don't want to be under geared if possible. I am fully aware that my wheeling abilities don't justify my build but feel better knowing it's me and not my rig failing.

Top Bottom