Removing sticker residue??

txjeeplover

Soft towel, WD40, and patience. Rub gently, and the WD40 will remove the glue/residue. I'd recommend that you polish and wax the surface after you're done.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Googone. I have like 10 bottles all over the house. I can't tell you how many uses that stuff has. Soak a paper towel in it, hold it on the glue for 1 minute, rub away.

Tim

Zippo lighter fluid works great too, and has no negative effects on paint like Goof off or Goo Gone and works a little faster than WD-40. I usually use both lighter fluid and WD-40, works well together.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Zippo lighter fluid works great too, and has no negative effects on paint like Goof off or Goo Gone and works a little faster than WD-40. I usually use both lighter fluid and WD-40, works well together.

I was gonna say, an old jewelers trick....if you have lighter fluid, it does the same thing.

JAGS

Hooked

What negative effects if I might ask. I haven't found any as you then go back and clean the area with degreaser/simple green.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
What negative effects if I might ask. I haven't found any as you then go back and clean the area with degreaser/simple green.

None. I've been using lighter fluid for years. After you remove the glue, windex the paint to get it all off and then hit it with some wax.

Tim

goof off is basically a paint remover, if you leave it on to long it will start to strip your paint. Had an old tire carrier that I was refurbishing, used goof off to get rid of a couple of stickers, let it soak a little to long and took the paint right off. Not a big deal since I was repainting it anyway, but learned not to use that stuff on paint I want to keep :)

jarho00

Use ammonia, it's the best for sticker residue. I've used it to remove tint from my windows and it works great. Go to the dollar store and get a bottle.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom