TankJK: My Billet Rubi Build

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well in Mid-March I made the decision to trade in my built up Rescue Green 07 2-dr JK "Creeper" for a '13 Unlimited Rubicon. Although it would seem the decision would be easy, it was actually a relatively tough decision for me as a lot of blood, sweat, money, time and lots of skinned knuckles and curse words went into building my 2-door. Nonetheless with an awesome and supportive wife I found my Rubi and made the purchase.

My '13 JKUR in Billet Silver came with the following options, some were my pre-requisites others were just options that were on this specific rig that I have to live with ;).

Auto trans
4.10 gear ratio
Max-tow package
Uconnect 430N Navigation w/ connectivity group
A/C with Auto Temp Control
Hardtop
Remote Start

This is what my rig looked like with some poser flex the day I got it.

Photo 9.jpg

It didn't last more than two weeks without getting it dirty. Berdoo Canyon trip with some Wayalifers:

Photo 3.jpg

Four weeks old and I was itching for a fender chop so... needless to say, still new Jeep smell, but looking a lot less new:

Photo 4.jpg Photo 1.jpg

Then after selling my (5) new Rubi wheels and tires I installed my Mickey Thompson Side Biters with 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers:

Photo 5.jpg

Installing the 35's with flatties and NO-LIFT caused some rubbing, particularly the rear of the Rubi-rail. So I chopped the rail down about 1 3/4" - 2" and tested it out to confirm it was perfect.

Photo 8.jpg Photo 2.jpg

So here is how my rig currently sits:

Photo 7.jpg

My next step will be ordering the EVO Enforcer lift (3") which I will be pairing with the Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks, which i'm told work perfectly with the EVO Plush-Ride coils. Plus it helps I got a smoking deal on these shocks.

Photo 6.jpg

So far plans for my build will include the following:

Front bumper:
EVO 1/4 Pounder with Stinger OR the LOD Shorty with Stinger

Winch:
Warn Powerplant 9500

Rear bumper:

LOD Shorty bumper with linked tire carrier.

Armor:

EVO Rocker Skins
EVO Sliders with a downward angle
EVO Pro-tek skids
Dynatrac front and rear diff covers
Rock-Hard cage
EVO C2 Gussets

That is the short list obviously. I currently have some mods waiting to be installed like the gussets, CB and such. Thanks for looking. :rock::drinks:

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My Billet Rubi Build

Looks good. Your gonna love the lift:yup:

Thanks. I hear nothing but great things about the enforcer. Btw I should mention that after my last rig I vowed not to go cheap-o on parts and accessories as I learned that it quite often results in buying twice (as McPuck would say).

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I hear nothing but great things about the enforcer. Btw I should mention that after my last rig I vowed not to go cheap-o on parts and accessories as I learned that it quite often results in buying twice (as McPuck would say).

It sucks. You should have gone with coil-overs. With traditional springs and shocks you are likely to get stuck on the curb at your house. :evil snicker: :cheesy:

Build looks great! :thumb: I can't wait to see it elvove.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My Billet Rubi Build

It sucks. You should have gone with coil-overs. With traditional springs and shocks you are likely to get stuck on the curb at your house. :evil snicker: :cheesy:

Build looks great! :thumb: I can't wait to see it elvove.

Haha oh great! Why didn't you tell me earlier????

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen.

Edit: My hope is that this thread far surpasses MTG's Knuckles build thread in randomness and back to back derailments.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My Billet Rubi Build

I see what you did there.

Even though you spelled it wrong. :cheesy:

Why did you read somewhere that it's spelled differently? Now all of a sudden your some spelling bee champ? What a poser. All you do is regurgitate stuff. Geez.

Last edited:

MNTN JK

Nice Frank that will look sick when done......When u getting it dirty again I took some Wayalifers out behind my pad two weeks ago and am running Big Bear Heartbreak Ridge and Gold Mntn this sat come up......I modded mine this week too, doors n top are off lol.......

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My Billet Rubi Build

Nice Frank that will look sick when done......When u getting it dirty again I took some Wayalifers out behind my pad two weeks ago and am running Big Bear Heartbreak Ridge and Gold Mntn this sat come up......I modded mine this week too, doors n top are off lol.......

Thanks buddy! Soon I hope. Between work and family been really busy as of late but look forward to running the mountains with you soon. Definitely before you abandon us Californian Wayalifers. Haha.

White_JKU

I've got the same shocks... I love them... especially when I carry the family and camping gear... I just stiffen up the shock by turning the knob...and it corrects the rates for the added weight! Cool as heck!

Napalm90

cant wait to see how the flex is with the rancho shocks instead of the kings!!!! IF good I might do the same. Also Cant wait to see the finished jeep, love the color:rock::rock::rock:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My Billet Rubi Build

cant wait to see how the flex is with the rancho shocks instead of the kings!!!! IF good I might do the same. Also Cant wait to see the finished jeep, love the color:rock::rock::rock:

Thank you. Flex is dependent on shock length. I made sure to order shocks which measure at least 27" extended. The fronts are 27" and the rears are a tad bit longer so I should be good. I will be sure to post up photos of the flex after the lift install. Btw if anyone wants these shocks PM me I will tell you where I got them (practically stole em') and Rancho is giving $100 rebate on theses shocks right now. 👍

Top Bottom