EVO MFG ProTeK Skid System!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Only $399.99 and I think we're gonna need us a set of these for our new Dozer yellow RubiCAT :)

There are 3 separate pieces of which you can order separately and the first of which is a awesome oil pan skid which bolts on using the factory bolts...
main.php

Here's a shot of the new transmission skid which ties into the oil pan skid. Being that the 2012's do not come with a transmission skid and have a transmission cooler line dangerously exposed, this is a must have for anyone with an automatic...
main.php

main.php

The final piece is an exhaust cross over / cross member skid plate. This helps to protect the bugle on the driver side of your 2012 JK, the exhaust cross over and beefs up the flimsy transmission cross member...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's a couple of better shots showing how the skid protects the bugle - a critical part of the exhaust that is tied into the very pricy cat...
main.php

main.php

Close up shot of the cross member skid...
main.php

As some of you know, I'm not a big fan of aftermarket skids unless they protect componets that do not have any protection from the factory. And, this new EVO MFG ProTek Skid System looks like it's designed to do just that and without ANY compromise in ground clearance :)

Attachments

• Demo 4-17-12 (1).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (1).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Demo 4-17-12 (6).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (6).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Demo 4-17-12 (10).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (10).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Demo 4-17-12 (11).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (11).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Demo 4-17-12 (13).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (13).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Demo 4-17-12 (15).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (15).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Demo 4-17-12 (17).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (17).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Demo 4-17-12 (18).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (18).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2
  • Demo 4-17-12 (22).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (22).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Demo 4-17-12 (24).jpg
    Demo 4-17-12 (24).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2

Sharkey

Word Ninja
One of my friends placed his pre-order on these, which means I'm going to get to help do the install when the skids come in. Are you planning on writing up an install?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of my friends placed his pre-order on these, which means I'm going to get to help do the install when the skids come in. Are you planning on writing up an install?

oh yeah, i'm hoping to get ours next week and, if we do, we'll be doing a write-up on them :)

TeamFaust

I agree with Wayolife's comment about not being a big fan of aftermarket skid plates as they tend to hang down more than necessary, but I gotta say that this setup looks to be pretty functuional

Robar

The Enforcer
awesome!! have you gotten them installed yet and if so, do you have any tips for installing them? we should be getting ours today :yup:

Yes, I do. I did not drain the oil, but I did make sure to work on a cold engine, when installing the oil pan skid. Next take the factory skid completely off, it's only two more bolts. This will give a little more room when removing the two nuts on top of the transmission mounting plate. This is a very tight area and a gear wrench works best. Not much room for a ratchet. If you can leave the right/passenger side nut on a twist or two it may help with the problem I had. When lifting the transfer case to slide the transmission skid under the transmission mounting bracket the whole thing shifted and I played Hell trying to get both bolt holes lined up again. Of course I was doing this by myself and a second person would have be helpful. Most everything else went pretty smooth. A few people have mentioned that one of the bolts that mounts to the fuel tank skid does not quite line up, it was tight on mine, but some said that can't get them to line up at all. This mounting hole may need to be made a little larger. I would also suggest tightening the control arm bolt up last. This will help with lining up the other mounting holes.
Overall, I'm very impressed with the design and ease of install of this skid system.
I couldn't get any good pics with the JK on the ground, so I just didn't take any. A vehicle lift would have been most helpful, for the pics and install, but my garage came without one. lol

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 10

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the tips. i was planning to install these today but unfortunately, it's gonna rain all day today - what a bummer. maybe tomorrow. being that you're JK is still stock too or, relatively so, do you think this made things easier or harder to install?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367101083.673742.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367101083.673742.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 53
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367101116.931735.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367101116.931735.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 45

Robar

The Enforcer
It is nice working on a new jeep. No packed crud and dirt and none of the bolt heads are scrapped smooth. It was a little tight under the JK, but I put the front tires on ramps this helped. Having the back tires on ramps would have helped even more in the absence of a vehicle lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the input. i don't have ramps but i'm sure i can set the front axle up on jack stands to give me a little more wiggle room. :yup:

Attachments

• IMG_9004.jpg
    IMG_9004.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8999.jpg
    IMG_8999.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 16

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
woohoo!! it's sunny today. if i can get some of my weekend chores out of the way quickly enough, i think i might get these installed :wings:

Attachments

• img_0313.jpg
    img_0313.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 13
  • img_0314.jpg
    img_0314.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • img_0312.jpg
    img_0312.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 16
  • img_0311.jpg
    img_0311.jpg